anybody running the AF dynamic intake yet?

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
It's nice, I'd have gone red if I saw it in CAI. Honestly with fitment SRI is probably best bet anyways.
Sponsored

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
that sound is really worth it IMO.......no need for exhaust because of the nice note already on the stock one.....and stock engine noise is getting boring already....lol
its sure when get mine ill be posting video too!

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
if you have the radio on at an "enjoyable" listening level you wont really hear much either. they really soundproofed that engine bay it seems, probably because of how loud DI is, my 335 I had, I ran w/o the engine cover for a while because I was always tearing it apart. it had thick dense foam lining it and that engine cover alone made it SO much quieter...

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Great review, definitely going to change my filter probably within 3-5k of installation.
Yeah I'm getting in there in about a month or less when my leds for the fogs show up and I'll probably do it then. Going with a filter that isn't a cone as well so it will be easier to keep the base from hitting. As long as I find a cylindrical filter smaller in diameter then the base of the included one.

rjmancia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda S2000, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Looks really nice. What do you think so far after driving it?
Thanks boss... honestly... I hate saying this cause I may just be a perfectionist but wish it was just a tad bit louder as far as sound goes. Now it's loud and u can def hear the turbo spoolin up. As far as performance goes... not sure how I feel about it. It is a bit more responsive but it can also just be me lol... but all in all... for the price u can't beat it! :)

gheezycivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBM civic
Thanks boss... honestly... I hate saying this cause I may just be a perfectionist but wish it was just a tad bit louder as far as sound goes. Now it's loud and u can def hear the turbo spoolin up. As far as performance goes... not sure how I feel about it. It is a bit more responsive but it can also just be me lol... but all in all... for the price u can't beat it! :)

My fiance says the same thing so I think there is a small response gain from it. Looks like you are going to have to pair the intake with an upgraded bypass valve for more sounds.

rjmancia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda S2000, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
My fiance says the same thing so I think there is a small response gain from it. Looks like you are going to have to pair the intake with an upgraded bypass valve for more sounds.
Now another thing... mine is a CVT so only way to really hear the valve is by letting off the gas lol....

Which valve would u recommend? Do u know if it messes with the ecu at all?

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Now another thing... mine is a CVT so only way to really hear the valve is by letting off the gas lol....
Mine is a 6MT and the only way I can hear it is also to let off the gas... Lol :D

gheezycivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBM civic

Which valve would u recommend? Do u know if it messes with the ecu at all?
So far Boomba is the only one I've seen results on. I'm not sure if i'd buy one myself yet.

MikeRS1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
These intakes are disappointing in the sound department. They don't have that typical Honda CAI sound. Yes you can hear the turbo sucking in air, and you can hear a pssshh sound if you abruptly let off the gas. This definitely doesn't have that loud growl sound. Im guessing its because of that flat black intake piece that the new intake connects to
Sponsored