anybody running the AF dynamic intake yet?

gheezycivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBM civic
I'm not really in it for trying to hear the BPV is thats what you were trying to show in the video, I want the roaring sound of the intake itself when you go WOT, which I don't know will happen on this car but I'll see when I get mine installed. Ill probably just do a muffler delete now as well until I find a diffuser I want and get a custom setup made.
That's understandable, just uploaded it for those curious about the sounds. I enjoy it. My fiance drives it the most, so I'll try for a WOT, and post it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
well, CAI is on the way here anyways, Ill get some vids up of install and sound when I tackle the project... which I also have a can of nightshades/clear in the garage as well as some pourable poly... I should stop buying stuff until I've caught up with myself maybe...

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ok so any lose performance since extreme heat coming from the turbo?
after a couple wot?

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ok so any lose performance since extreme heat coming from the turbo?
after a couple wot?
Mine is still in the mail so I can't tell you but I'm probably getting on the dyno soon side I ordered my ktuner v2 last night but seeing as tuning stars right after I'll have 91 in m tank. So stock 87 vs CAI 91 is the best comparison I'll have...

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hmmmm definitely between the 2 there.......i want more sound from the turbo and this intake is really cheap compare to the other....but not sure in the summer and long drive with this intake and heat from the engine bay if its good for it............did you put the heatshield?

gheezycivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBM civic
hmmmm definitely between the 2 there.......i want more sound from the turbo and this intake is really cheap compare to the other....but not sure in the summer and long drive with this intake and heat from the engine bay if its good for it............did you put the heatshield?
Yeah he shield is on, angled towards the radiator side. It vibrates lightly but I also haven't installed the vibramount.

rjmancia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda S2000, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered mine today! :) can't wait!

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hmmm waiting on more feedback and more video at wot......

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok.... video to come shortly (I hope...) as I am almost done, dumping my SD card now then going back out to finish. a few things for now...

1.) The stainless heat shield has a protective film you peel after install so it keeps it nice, and the heat shield was in bubble wrap, so obviously it was in the poor condition it is in BEFORE it was even packaged up. I don't care because I am not using it, honestly didn't think it would come with the CAI, maybe Ill look at throwing it on for a splash guard if there's room but I doubt it. Plus, even if it was in the engine bay, Im sure it would still look fine.

2.) the end where the filter attaches was a little out of round, but I just bent the part of the circumference that was pushed in back out and all is well.

3.) it is most definitely a copy of a certain intake that looks VERY similar because even the instructions included show a polished pipe, a different filter, and even the silicone coupler looks like it has a blurry logo "I _ _ _ N" lol.

4.) Also definitely was developed on a CVT equipped car as it has me use a threaded hole that is used to bolt up the bracket that supports the hardline->softline transition for the clutch line from master to slave... I didnt know this and spent too much time trying to get it to fit using any of the surrounding holes... so I am left with that OE bracket just being held on by one of those rubber vibramounts, NOT NEAR as secure as with the factory bolt, did use blue loctite and know it wont fall off but I can still wiggle the bracket by hand. I may address that later and feel you may have the same issue installing even the INJEN intake onto a MT equipped car.

5.) The rubber boot/adapter that acts as a grommet on one end gripping the filter baseplate and clamping to the intake tube was way out of round/not seated correctly. 1 minute with the heat gun and everything was fine.

6.) comes with rubber to create a bumper for the intake tube against the edge of a section of sheet metal, problem is it is really designed to fit on a single layer of sheet metal and this area is 2 layers spot welded together and it just doesn't work (not to mention its a wavy edge and not straight which really fights you trying to get the included piece to work). I used some 1/4" I.D. rubber vacuum line and split it down the middle, applied some silicone inside the line, stuffed it over the edge and taped it to let it cure on there.

7.) Has you remove a bracket supporting a small rubber line and appears to just want you to let it hang there unsupported(although I doubt it would hurt anything, I'm just OCD... lol) but I found a place to move it to that holds it in almost the same spot.

!*8.)*! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PULL THE BUMPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! took me a while to figure it out, and the instructions even say to pull the bumper but after I've done it once I could probably have the resonator box out in 10-15 minutes the way I show. again though this is a MT car, I dont know how the size/shape of the cvt differs or if any of the harnesses for honda sensing could affect the task of routing the resonator box up/out of the engine bay.

overall I am still not ecstatic about fitment, but I did save over a hundred bucks, spent a little time figuring it out, used about 3 bucks or less worth of vacuum tube/silicone caulk, and have a CAI...
if I ever upgrade the filter to a K&N/S&B/etc... my savings will be less, but I'm not even sure I'll do such a thing.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thinking of buying the powdercoated red one in sri
Sponsored