2.0L Any tunes for the 2.0L yet?

XJmanaX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX-P Coupe, 93 EG Coupe
Just curious if any companies on here have released and/or are looking to release one in the future :)
Sponsored

WNC_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Civic LX Coupe 6 speed manual ,2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 5 speed manual
I understand the 1.5 is all the craze and has "all the power", but cmon guys... show the 2.0 some love
I think there is a lot left in the 2.0 that can be gotten out of it.

Its a great engine,love to see what can be done with it without spending a ton of money doing it

OP
OP
XJmanaX

XJmanaX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think there is a lot left in the 2.0 that can be gotten out of it.

Its a great engine,love to see what can be done with it without spending a ton of money doing it
Honda undertunes it out of factory to persuade people to get the 1.5, can't wait for someone to make some good maps and unlock its potential...

WNC_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Civic LX Coupe 6 speed manual ,2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 5 speed manual
Honda undertunes it out of factory to persuade people to get the 1.5, can't wait for someone to make some good maps and unlock its potential...
Makes sense,cant have the LX perform better than the upgraded turbo model.

Hopefully the right people are listening to make it happen

chokesmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Manual 2016
Country flag
I can feel it kick a bit in third about 5900 RPM so that tells me that there is potential in tuning. Just make vtec engage in 1st and lower RPM and it will wake this engine up. That plus tuning would make this very close to the stock turbo engine.

OP
OP
XJmanaX

XJmanaX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can feel it kick a bit in third about 5900 RPM so that tells me that there is potential in tuning. Just make vtec engage in 1st and lower RPM and it will wake this engine up. That plus tuning would make this very close to the stock turbo engine.
I know the exact "kick" your talking about (even on my CVT), should be simple for hondata or some other big name to do it... I'm just confused as to why they haven't yet.

chokesmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Manual 2016
Country flag
I know the exact "kick" your talking about (even on my CVT), should be simple for hondata or some other big name to do it... I'm just confused as to why they haven't yet.
Ktuner have something but you have to email them to order the device and tune. @DarkLight Have been tuning/modifying for a while now.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Makes sense,cant have the LX perform better than the upgraded turbo model.

Hopefully the right people are listening to make it happen
This is what a 93 octane base map + AEM CAI will get you. Stock exhaust too:

You need to contact RV6 to buy the actual unit and then you will need to contact KTuner to get the tune emailed to you. [email protected] then [email protected]

WNC_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
XJmanaX

XJmanaX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what a 93 octane base map + AEM CAI will get you. Stock exhaust too:

You need to contact RV6 to buy the actual unit and then you will need to contact KTuner to get the tune emailed to you. [email protected] then [email protected]
Wow :thumbsup:, I'm relatively new to this and have a couple questions. Is the AEM CAI easy to install? A buddy installed my CAI on my last car so I have no idea what I would need and if this http://www.aemintakes.com/search/product.aspx?prod=21-792C contained everything I need or would I have to purchase any other hardware or tools? If I were to contact rv6 to buy a unit would Ktuner charge me for the tune? Also is a re flash something someone who's not too experienced with cars such as myself be able to do by themselves? Sorry for all the questions, just wondering how much money I'd need to save from my Christmas bonus ;).

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Yes, that's it. If you can loosen bolts and tighten clamps, then you can install it. You'll need a basic socket set with extensions, a screw driver, and pliers. Directions that come with it are self-explanatory.

Go to the KTuner website and read the tutorial. If you can use basic functions on a laptop, and can plug a dongle into the the OBD port under your dash, then you can reflash your car. Software is very easy to use. Once you buy the unit from RV6, you will not have to pay for the support or tunes that KTuner gives you. He is very knowledgeable, so any questions that you have regarding software should be directed to him.

FYI you'll probably get a deal on the flash unit since the software capabilities are not yet fully operational. With any other platform, you would not need to email KTuner at all. It would just be plug and play with tunes preloaded. That will change of course when the update comes out.

OP
OP
XJmanaX

XJmanaX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, that's it. If you can loosen bolts and tighten clamps, then you can install it. You'll need a basic socket set with extensions, a screw driver, and pliers. Directions that come with it are self-explanatory.

Go to the KTuner website and read the tutorial. If you can use basic functions on a laptop, and can plug a dongle into the the OBD port under your dash, then you can reflash your car. Software is very easy to use. Once you buy the unit from RV6, you will not have to pay for the support or tunes that KTuner gives you. He is very knowledgeable, so any questions that you have regarding software should be directed to him.

FYI you'll probably get a deal on the flash unit since the software capabilities are not yet fully operational. With any other platform, you would not need to email KTuner at all. It would just be plug and play with tunes preloaded. That will change of course when the update comes out.
Thank you so much! I have pretty extensive socket set and saw a couple of tutorials, so the CAI I should be able to do myself. AS for the tune, there are two different models, http://ktuner.com/products/ I should get the flash based hardware right?
Sponsored