Any tall drivers?

Sean2903

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
i'm exactly 6 ft and i have to say that the car is very comfortable. when i was trading in my older car that was also a compact i made a promise to get a full size car so that it wouldn't feel cramped. Although when i got in the 2016 civic it was small but also big not too sure how to explain it but it is very comfortable for a car that is suposed to be a compact sedan. easily have more head room than my 2003 ford taurus that my parents had years ago if you have ever been in one of those.

mechengr99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I'm 6'3" with shoes and I'm very comfortable in my EX-T. I wouldn't want to drive it for 8 hours straight, but general running around town and 2+ hour trips have been fine.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit, 2016 Acura MDX, 2006 Acura RSX, 2016 Honda Civic coupe touring
I'm 6'2" and the car is fine although I haven't driven for extended periods yet, three hours is the longest stint and it was good, no issues. The only thing I've found is its awkward for me getting in the car but I'm 75 and not as flexible as I once was. Oh, headroom is great, I even have the seat jacked up quite a ways and I'm still not hitting the roof. Good luck.

beanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
Country flag
Curious to see how many "tall" Civic owners are out there (6 feet plus).. If so, how the drivability?
6' 1", drove for 6 straight hours, no issues. I find it comfortable with headroom to spare

CanadaNeal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring White Orchid Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 6' 4" with no issues. Also, I drive a Coupe, which has a couple of inches less head-room than the Sedan. I lower the seat and have lots of head-room. Legroom is good for me on the automatic. My leg hits the steering wheel when de-clutching on a manual transmission, so that's out for me (yes, I had the steering wheel and seats adjusted properly).

Last edited:

cycledrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Accord sedan 4 cyl
I am 6'2", long legs and arms, 190 lbs., had a 2016 Civic LX sedan rental for two days and the legroom and headroom were fine. Pretty comfortable. The front seats are low, but to get in I turn my butt toward the seat, squat down onto it, swing my legs quarter turn right. Do opposite to get out. If I try get in sideways, sticking one leg into footwell, then lowering with other leg, that's a recipe for aching knee, at least for me.

89AKurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 1969 Chevrolet C-10 pickup
Country flag
6' - 3"
Seat all the way down, some recline because with a hat on, touch the roof. Can drive all day long, but getting out is the problem.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
6'2", same as Kurt there. Been on one long drive with zero issues. Would think longer wouldn't be an issue. One of the things that turned me a little against the Golf/GTI I wanted was that the rearview mirror was VERY close to being in my direct sightline. Not so the Honda.

Dougyfd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ex-l
Country flag
6'2", same as Kurt there. Been on one long drive with zero issues. Would think longer wouldn't be an issue. One of the things that turned me a little against the Golf/GTI I wanted was that the rearview mirror was VERY close to being in my direct sightline. Not so the Honda.
I have an ex-l with leather . I'm 6'5" 190 lbs and am very comfortable in it. I keep the seat fairly low and have plenty of headroom even with the sunroof. I drove from NY to Florida & back . 12 hrs 750 miles in one day. 350 the next day and had no problems. I do get stiff and have to move around occasionally, which fortunately cruise control makes possible. But this is true in any vehicle I drive for long periods. 20 years ago when I was in my upper 30s I didn't need to move around as much.

OP
OP

jbender4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G35
I just got back from my first test drive of these Honda's. I drove an Civic EX, EXT, and then the Accord. As much as I want to love the Civic, for me, there was a big difference in comfort when I tried the Accord. Little frustrated now, as I like the look and tech of the Civic better.

bmartinson13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '97 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just putting my extra 2 cents in, if you haven't got enough response yet :)

I'm 6'1" and drive about 45-60 minutes each direction to work in my Civic everyday and am really comfortable in it. I keep the seat in a low position and I don't even question my head room - feels very roomy. I also don't even keep my seat fully extended away from the pedals/wheel. I was sort of surprised how far back I could put the seat when I first got the car.
Sponsored