Any regrets getting a touring instead of a lower trim?

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
I'm glad I'm not spending the extra dough for a Touring. The EX with Sensing comes with all the features I'd like, as I don't like leather living in Texas (though ironically I got a black/black model).

Auto wipers is probably the only thing I'd like that wasn't included, but seems like it should have been with the whole "sensing" package.
LX is where it at because I don't need 17 in wheels due to weight savings as well as don't need a hole in the roof (more weight savings and more rigid chassis), never used the hole in the roof, it just lets more heat and dust in the car, AmIRight? The camera on the right side, whatever they call it, should be std in sensing too.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since I plan on keeping it for 10+ years, at least at the moment I have no regrets. Everything still working well at 34k.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Not at all but the rain sensing wipers are just beyond stupid!

PolishedLX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Since I plan on keeping it for 10+ years, at least at the moment I have no regrets. Everything still working well at 34k.
Tell me you are joking and kidding (not kidnapping) about paying 34,000 aka 34 THOU-cra-cra.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
LX is where it at because I don't need 17 in wheels due to weight savings as well as don't need a hole in the roof (more weight savings and more rigid chassis), never used the hole in the roof, it just lets more heat and dust in the car, AmIRight? The camera on the right side, whatever they call it, should be std in sensing too.
The EX has 16" alloy wheels, the LX comes with steelies, so no weight savings there. The 17" rims are also lighter since the tire weighs more than the rim. The side camera is part of the head unit package on the EX since you need a screen to use it (it shows cars in the right lane in your blind spot, with a range check), and plays no part in the sensing functionality. Also, the sunroof doesn't add much weight, nor does it really affect the rigidity, or allow in any more dirt than having your windows down. You can keep it closed, and there is a panel to cover the window to insulate from heat.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Just one thing...
The 17" rims are also lighter since the tire weighs more than the rim.
No. Not for that reason, anyway.

Go pick any rim that comes in multiple sizes, then match it up with tires in corresponding sizes that match in outside ("rolling") circumference.

The combo with the smaller-diameter rim will always be lighter, even though the tire it wears has a deeper sidewall.

skshrews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2005 TSX, Honda Civic Hatchback LX 6MT 2017
Country flag
LX because I always get the lowest trim.
Prefer cloth over leather (which is freezing in the winter and blistering hot in the summer). I can manage my own windshield wipers, thank you. My wife's car has a sunroof and we hardly ever use it. Infotainment systems are almost out of date from the day you purchase the car and I am waiting for a head unit with it's own SIM. Do miss heated mirrors (though they are relevant about 5 days a year) and heated seats.
The money you save with a base model let's you carry out some nice customizations.

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
The LED headlights alone are worth it IMO. Wife got the car but every time I drive it I’m blown away at how amazing the headlights are and sad when I have to go back to my car. Feels like you can see 2X as much stuff on and around the road (not just brighter).

I also like the heated leather seats and haven’t had the issues with the wipers that others have. I do have the subwoofer rattle issue though, not crazy about that.

Touring should definitely have seat and mirror memories though, it’s super annoying they didn’t include that, I’m assuming they did it to try to up sell people to an Accord.

andromeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Country flag
I got the "lower" trim with N/A 2L engine and CVT, and thank my lucky stars I went that way. $ less, no infotainment hassles, intermittent wiper setting and no rain sensor hassles, real volume KNOB with push on off, no turbo issues e.g. - surging, and I think the CVT performs optimally IMHO.

PilotZero

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan (totaled) 2017 Type R (#322)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not for a second! Every extra gadget and gizmo was something I used and appreciated, even the silly auto-windshield wipers and the lock that would beep at me frantically. Although there were problems with rattles, both from the subwoofer housing while playing music and from the dash/pillars while driving, these are things that can and should be remedied with some carefully-placed foam, which you should do. I got compliments everywhere I went. All my passengers told me it was a nice car.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Love love love my Touring. Even with the 'fun' wipers. I get sad when I see lower trims on the road.

Reactions: jms

PolishedLX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Love love love my Touring. Even with the 'fun' wipers. I get sad when I see lower trims on the road.
The lower trims are even more warm and bubbly, 110% satisfied all the way to the bank, having the same meat (1.5 liter) and potatoes (suspension, body chassis + exterior) as your touring for a LOT less. Infact, I'm thinking even more aggressive with pricing (lowering it) and appreciating lower priced cars like Nissan Versa or Hyundai Elantra Sport or even my own Sensing LX without the Sensing.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
The lower trims are even more warm and bubbly, 110% satisfied all the way to the bank, having the same meat (1.5 liter) and potatoes (suspension, body chassis + exterior) as your touring for a LOT less. Infact, I'm thinking even more aggressive with pricing (lowering it) and appreciating lower priced cars like Nissan Versa or Hyundai Elantra Sport or even my own Sensing LX without the Sensing.
I get even sadder when I see Versas and Elantras.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got the "lower" trim with N/A 2L engine and CVT, and thank my lucky stars I went that way. $ less, no infotainment hassles, intermittent wiper setting and no rain sensor hassles, real volume KNOB with push on off, no turbo issues e.g. - surging, and I think the CVT performs optimally IMHO.
Do tell us more for the 90th time.
Sponsored