Any regrets getting a touring instead of a lower trim?

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
Country flag
I know I've read about people who regret getting a lower trim and wish they would've gotten a higher one, however does anyone have regrets the other way around?

Do any of you touring owners regret not getting a lower trim level?
Sponsored

canalrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I have no regrets going Touring.

I prefer leather over cloth seats.

Sensing and navigation are useful.

The rain sensing wipers have pleasantly surprised me if it starts raining lightly then, all of a sudden, they activate.

Barry.

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
A friend of mine has a 16 touring sedan and he likes my LX's headlight housing better (from a purely aesthetic not functional standpoint). I'd have to agree I don't like the futuristic look but that's subjective.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, whenever I'm shopping for a vehicle I always try to get the highest trim possible.

Sure it was a POS but I learned from my first purchase. I missed certain features like the Moonroof for example. 1999 Pontiac Grand Am V6.

My 2015 Nissan Murano, I wanted the Platinum AWD but could only afford the SL AWD, second highest trim.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
When my car's walk-away auto-lock malfunctions and goes "beep-eep-eep-eep-eep", or when the auto-dimming mirror gets confused, I kinda wish I got a lower trim.

Then I drove a loaner LX sedan from the dealership while they examined the malfunction. Holy crap. As much as I don't like the upper trims' infotainment UI -- I'd never be able to live with the LX's stock radio. Or the cloth armrest, or the lack of Dynamic Guidelines for the rear camera, or no paddle shifters, or no front tweeters, ...

I'll say this, though: If I could treat it as a project car, swapping the stereo, seats, suspension, exhaust, etc, it'd make a LOT more sense to go with a lower trim level. It'd have more personality for less money than just another loaded-from-the-factory Civic.

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
it'd make a LOT more sense to go with a lower trim level. It'd have more personality for less money than just another loaded-from-the-factory Civic.
Not only did I get a lower trim, with the 1.5 T standard, but I also got Sensing with it so it was the best of ALL worlds. The Audio only screen has no bugs (read: zero) and the cloth seats do admirable duty but main thing is the seat minus the fabric is comfortable and aligns well with spines. With the 1.5T as the meat *and* potatoes, the rest are just small potatoes.

jms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring Coupe, '21 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
No regrets whatsoever. Like someone else mentioned, I always go for the highest trim. Leather interior and LED lights alone make it worth it for me. Navigation is also a huge plus for me as I need to use it everyday.

steviiee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
No, I don't regret getting the touring at all! Only sometimes when the rain sensing wipers comes on by themselves even though it's not raining. Or when the walk away feature beeps too much. Or the subwoofer rattle haha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 2012 Honda Odyssey
Country flag
before purchasing my civic x, i did consider of all trims. IMO:

LX: not enough goodies ie infotainment, no fog lights, hub caps and 2.0 engine HP
EX-T: was fine w/ cloth seat and manual seats, 1.5 w/ turbo, and 17" rims
EX-L: add leather interior for extra $$$ was just not worth it
Touring: cost too $$$ for HID lights, subwoofer, sensors, etc
SI: too lazy to drive manual plus wifey cannot drive manual either
CTR: overpriced $$$$ lol

so the best trim for me and my family was an EX-T sedan. still sporty while having room for the family. installed LED lights, yellow foglights, and a subwoofer system all under $200 and the shop tinted for $190. overall, i'm satisfied with my trim choice

duraz0rz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring - Sonic Grey
Country flag
Kind of wish I waited for the Si. I like the manual mode in the Sport Touring, but I feel like I'm limited by the CVT.

Although I don't know if I would consider the Si a lower trim.

mathdydx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I decided between the EX-T and EX-L. Although the idea of leather sounded nice to me, I just would've complained a lot during those really hot and cold days. The driver power seat would've been nice too, but I felt that the EX-T was the best option for me. Coming from a 2007 Civic LX, I would've also been happy with the regular EX, but I wanted the turbo and the heated seats.

Von

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L w/ Sensing
I got an EX-L with sensing only thing that would have made me want a touring would be for the wheels but that can be easily changed on any trim level.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
I'm glad I'm not spending the extra dough for a Touring. The EX with Sensing comes with all the features I'd like, as I don't like leather living in Texas (though ironically I got a black/black model). And I don't need navigation since Google maps is far superior and ties into AndroidAuto nicely. LED headlights are ehhh. The auto wipers would be nice, but after almost 1000 miles I find I'm turning off the sensing (lane divergence) for the majority of my driving. Wish it was smart enough to interpret turning lanes and didn't jerk the wheel every time I pass turn off or exit or lane split.

No way in hell would I be able to accept the default LX head unit after using the enhanced display unit, and the versatility that comes with having an android or Apple phone I'm Android and the wife has the same car but uses iPhone, each has their perks, the Apple interface is easier to use, but less robust, fewer aps, and no Google maps. Apple maps is sufficient, but we're definitely plugging my phone in when we travel.

I would also really miss the sunroof.

Does the LX come with the auto AC control, because that is seriously amazing.

Auto wipers is probably the only thing I'd like that wasn't included, but seems like it should have been with the whole "sensing" package.
Sponsored