OP
OP
gunbunnysoulja

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Where do you live? I went to HS in Ocala, and my wife is from there. Most of my family lives in Tampa, but I am in Michigan now. You are Jeff B on Clean MPG so I can see some details, but curious.
I didn't realize you are on CleanMPG, awesome. Are you Christian by any chance?

I'm over in Inverness, right next door to Ocala. But most of our friends are in Tampa, so pretty much all my mileage on my car stems from going there to visit, or to Disney in Orlando. I work from home, so I really don't have a commute lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
I didn't realize you are on CleanMPG, awesome. I'm over in Inverness, right next door to Ocala. But most of our friends are in Tampa, so pretty much all my mileage on my car stems from going there to visit, or to Disney in Orlando. I work from home, so I really don't have a commute lol
Cool, I know that area well, I met Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, and Barry Bonds at the country club when I was catering there. We used to be in Tampa, Gainesville, or Orlando all the time because back then there was nothing in Ocala. Most of my friends and family still live down there.

OP
OP
gunbunnysoulja

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Yea, Ocala is pretty big these days, but I still very much prefer Tampa, etc.. The wife is trying to get me to move there, but I love Citrus County. That is pretty cool about the baseball stars, I know Ted Williams had a house here, in the same community I want to move to (Villages of Citrus Hills, which is down the street from me).

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
Yeah, he has a hitters hall of fame in St Pete, but they were inducting them at the CC in Inverness. They do it every year there. My sister and I worked at Outback in Ocala and we were always catering it, as well as the Outback Bowl in Jacksonville. We had the top grossing store in the nation so we were always picked to do those events. Wade Boggs sexualy assaulted my sister there after a few too many the year before.

I'll stop hijacking this thread now!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Rallye Red Touring
Country flag
Very interesting stuff!!!! I've heard of hypermiling before but never have done it, i cant grasp being a car or two lengths behind a semi truck with little rocks hitting my car. I'm extremely anal about chipping lol. however I have been riding down with the windows cracked and cruising at 55 MPH on the highway, I always drive with cruise control on so im pretty efficient as is. I don't do the pulse thing and I ALWAYS coast to the lights (My girlfriend HATES this) lol. are there any other tips on getting the most efficient gas mileage one can achieve on this car? I'm all for saving money. my highest range was 520 (average is 450-480 on good fill ups lol) driving from Miami to Orlando and back (1 tank) cruising between 70-75 and with 3 passengers and some luggage. I couldn't really do the whole 55MPH thing they would've killed me LOL. so yeah any other great tips would be appreciated!!!

OP
OP
gunbunnysoulja

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Very interesting stuff!!!! I've heard of hypermiling before but never have done it, i cant grasp being a car or two lengths behind a semi truck with little rocks hitting my car. I'm extremely anal about chipping lol. however I have been riding down with the windows cracked and cruising at 55 MPH on the highway, I always drive with cruise control on so im pretty efficient as is. I don't do the pulse thing and I ALWAYS coast to the lights (My girlfriend HATES this) lol. are there any other tips on getting the most efficient gas mileage one can achieve on this car? I'm all for saving money. my highest range was 520 (average is 450-480 on good fill ups lol) driving from Miami to Orlando and back (1 tank) cruising between 70-75 and with 3 passengers and some luggage. I couldn't really do the whole 55MPH thing they would've killed me LOL. so yeah any other great tips would be appreciated!!!
Hypermilers don't advocate for tailgating semi's and they also don't advocate driving under the speed limit. However alternative routes that favor lower speed significantly helps. It sounds like you drive similar to me. Continue doing light throttle and keep an eye on your instant mpg. My last indicated range on fill up was 565. I don't do any crazy techniques other than cruise and slow throttle.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Rallye Red Touring
Country flag
Hypermilers don't advocate for tailgating semi's and they also don't advocate driving under the speed limit. However alternative routes that favor lower speed significantly helps. It sounds like you drive similar to me. Continue doing light throttle and keep an eye on your instant mpg. My last indicated range on fill up was 565. I don't do any crazy techniques other than cruise and slow throttle.
My apologies, I did not mean to sound ignorant in regards to the semi's and what not. I was under the impression that that is how one would achieve that kind of technique. As far as alternative routes it's difficult because its mostly 85% highway and the rest is city. the only time I do street driving is when the highways are closed, therefore I'm always on the highway. although now in Miami the weather is getting nice so I'll probably continue the no A/C thing, it does make a difference especially at lights when I am stopped as opposed to having it on. Thanks though, I appreciate the response!

pgrimm856

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2013 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious if any other people are trying to get superb mpg's out of their Civic?

I believe bubbaleenc and ubercivic are 2 that I know of that are really good at efficient driving but was curious if anyone else here was in the 60+ mpg club.
Using Google hyper-miler driving habits, I routinely MEASURE 44-45 MPH from fillup to fillup on level ground. 40 MPH driving in the mountains (freeway driving on US 50.) Af______gmaking. The 1.5L Turbo makes all the difference. If possible, monitor the T boost and try to avoid ANY bars on the indicator. Of course, the 1.5L Turbo is a rocketship if/when needed. And that with the CVT !!

For those who cannot enjoy life without a stick shift, you should have a Z06. And your a bunch of whiners if the only issue is the CVT.

TAXMASTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 civic MT
Country flag
I have a 2017 civic hatchback LX MA U AL
I get 4.9 per 100 km
Or for usa it's 48mpg
That for on the hi way trips when I drive 100 km per hr on curse over a 300 km trip

My cars total average is 5.9 per 100 kms or 39.8 pg
Over 2300 kms over the life of my car
I live just outside of toronto

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Ive tried pretty hard but I just cant fight the urge to get into boost. Best Ive gotten over a more than hour long drive was 52mpg
Ive gotten 51 mpg highway after a fill up and a hour drive from the coast to inland in ct.. So elevation was going up.. This was also done in a sub 32 degrees farenheit day.. I will be breaking 60mpg once summer comes... Heck i think 70mpg is very possible.. Especially since i got 48mpg in my accord when i hypermiled it

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Using Google hyper-miler driving habits, I routinely MEASURE 44-45 MPH from fillup to fillup on level ground. 40 MPH driving in the mountains (freeway driving on US 50.) Af______gmaking. The 1.5L Turbo makes all the difference. If possible, monitor the T boost and try to avoid ANY bars on the indicator. Of course, the 1.5L Turbo is a rocketship if/when needed. And that with the CVT !!

For those who cannot enjoy life without a stick shift, you should have a Z06. And your a bunch of whiners if the only issue is the CVT.
Some of us have sticks for different reasons... I do thoroughly enjoy it but.. I just prefer the control.... 4wheel drive nuts can go in the snow... I can go in the snow... And stop in the snow..

pgrimm856

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I was a hypermiler until my MPG dropped 10 MPH. Dealership tells me that "winter" fuel burns with lower MPG. Anybody heard of this? I'm in California and the temp rarely drops below 0°C

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was a hypermiler until my MPG dropped 10 MPH. Dealership tells me that "winter" fuel burns with lower MPG. Anybody heard of this? I'm in California and the temp rarely drops below 0°C
Generally the colder the temp the lower the mpg's you get... Ive measured differences on pretty controlled tests at 100,80,60 so on and so on.. Also gas stations do switch to different fuel blends in winter... Here in ct atleast they do

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Winter fuel is one factor, probably the second biggest. The cold temps are the biggest factor by far. The have a trifecta of effects including reduced combustion efficiency, increased aerodynamic drag, and increased friction. A few days ago it was in the single digits here and I got 42.3 mpg on my trip home from work, today it hit the high forties and I got 52.9. You also have more rolling friction if there is actual snow on the ground. Those days I cannot quite hit 40. On a summer day with ethanol free gas I can hit 60mpg.

pgrimm856

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Winter fuel is one factor, probably the second biggest. The cold temps are the biggest factor by far. The have a trifecta of effects including reduced combustion efficiency, increased aerodynamic drag, and increased friction. A few days ago it was in the single digits here and I got 42.3 mpg on my trip home from work, today it hit the high forties and I got 52.9. You also have more rolling friction if there is actual snow on the ground. Those days I cannot quite hit 40. On a summer day with ethanol free gas I can hit 60mpg.
Thanks for the informative feedback. Last summer while driving the 1.5t I routinely logged 55 MPG straight and level highway and 45 MPG pump2pump math average. This winter I'm averaging p2p 35 MPG. FYI, the trip computer measures within 1 MPG for city/highway combined.
Sponsored