Any Guesses on When We'll Get Info on the 2018 Models?

lyndean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Considering how badly the infotainment system in the current models is hurting Honda in the customer satisfaction surveys, any chance there will be updated units in the 2018s? Since the Civic and CR-V are so closely related , maybe we'll get something similar to the CR-Vs system. I know it's too early for a mid-cycle refresh, but Honda has shown the ability to make changes earlier than normal, see previous gen Civic. Hoping we get lucky.

Anything else people are hoping to see in the 2018 model year Civics?
Sponsored

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm guessing no changes until mid-cycle refresh, which people are saying is 2019, but others might be more knowledgeable on the subject.

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
Not trying to be a smart alec, but seriously, if you find a good salesperson at a reputable dealership, they'll tell you. They already have this information, most likely. They probably already have the order guides for 2018, with dates.

I've managed to cultivate a good working relationship with one of the sales managers at dealership in my area. It is handy to have from time to time for reasons like this. I can email the guy, ask him a question, get a straightforward answer.

Not all dealerships and salespeople are bad. Most stores have one or two "product guys" or enthusiasts selling cars. A lot of them have been around for a while with Honda. Seek out one of these people.

Again, please don't take my post as adversarial. I only post it because I see questions like this asked frequently on the boards, and I think to myself, all you'd have to do is ask. A good contact at a Honda store has better information on a matter like this than anyone on the forums. Utilize the resource. There are decent people at many Honda stores who are professionals and who can hook you up with the info you want.

Honda just had a huge Odyssey launch, a big CR-V launch not too long ago, and has a massively important Accord debut here in a week or two. They have a lot on their plate right now. The Civic is on the back burner, really, aside from the obvious Type R hatch appearing not long ago. But from a model year perspective, you'll likely see fairly minor changes to the Civic lineup. I'm guessing that the 2018 Civics will creep onto lots in low key fashion. Likely within 60-90 days.

If there were any more substantial changes, I'd expect to see them for MY 2019, not 2018 as far as the Civic is concerned.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
The civics and CRVs have identical center screens from everything I've seen, other than the volume knob. Check out the new Odyssey's infotainment, I'm guessing it will be the next gen for all Hondas and looks pretty nice.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I'd expect some very minor tweaks coming in 2018. The most notable rumor is Sensing being available on the CTR and Si. We may also see a slight tweak to the Civic trim packages being offered. And the volume scroll on the steering wheel is rumored to be going away on the coupe and sedan (Si has already dropped it).

We probably won't see any concrete info for at least another 3-4 weeks.

sillyrabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
I asked a sales manager and he told me nothing of significance, just dropping some colours (green) and adding burgundy for Canada.

JoeShades

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
You'll see cars in October or possibly late September.
Here in South Jersey I was told November

I asked a sales manager and he told me nothing of significance, just dropping some colours (green) and adding burgundy for Canada.
What is Significant to one person is meaningless to another so what they told you does not mean much.

JustChexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Chevy Malibu
I would guess Sensing Standard, cross traffic alert, BSM, Volume Knob. As far as the outside....maybe new wheels?
That all sounds great, but I fear Honda would hold back on all of that for a midcycle refresh, otherwise they'll have nothing to update for the refresh? Maybe in 2018 they'll update with the new Android-based infotainment/OS found in the Odyssey and the Accord, unless it's limited by the Civic's hardware?

chiefbrody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Bump, I want to hear more info on 2018 models if anyone has anything...

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
My dealer tells me the 6MT hatch they ordered for me July 1 will be a 2018 model.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I had a deposit for an Aegean 6MT Sport hatch at the end of April and my dealer said October at the earliest. Glad a white showed up before then.

88Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 TSX, 2012 Fit
My dealer tells me the 6MT hatch they ordered for me July 1 will be a 2018 model.
Honda REALLY doesn't want anyone to buy a Civic with a stick unless its the Si or R. Funny that they would continue to take that stance because their month over month sales with the CRT Civics continue to trend down.

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
I truly don't know and can't imagine what the deal is with the severe shortage of 6MT civics. Whatever the problem, Honda had better fix it before the Koreans eat their lunch.

chiefbrody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Was looking at the UK Honda Website and they have so many great options for their Hatches, including active dampening plus a ton of other options not available here in the US. Hopefully Honda will bring some of these over for the 2018 models.. would love to get a Hatch with carplay and 6MT
Sponsored