Another my new Si Thread

Curtman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
adfdsfdsf
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Everyone,

I just picked up my first new car ever and I got to say I love it. I previously owned a 99 Si (Canadian model, actually EX in the states) with basic bolt ons, and most recently an automatic 05 sedan. This is the fastest car I ever owned. It feels like tonnes of power to me but I get what people are saying about turbo lag because you definitely get a boost after 3,000 rpms. The quality is very good, and the ride is very nice. The Infotainment takes some getting used to, and it feels a little claustrophobic cause the doors are so high and it's a little hard to see out the back. I also feel the shifter is a little high. I am more use to it being closer to the floor. Overall I would highly recommend this car. It will be a very fun year round daily driver for me. I am sure once I get use to this amount of hp I will want to get a flash pro, but other than a few cosmetic changes I don't think I will do much to this car.

Honda Civic 10th gen Another my new Si Thread RNVm4FO
Sponsored

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome to the '17 Si family! More specifically, welcome to the '17 Si sedan family!

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

I just picked up my first new car ever and I got to say I love it. I previously owned a 99 Si (Canadian model, actually EX in the states) with basic bolt ons, and most recently an automatic 05 sedan. This is the fastest car I ever owned. It feels like tonnes of power to me but I get what people are saying about turbo lag because you definitely get a boost after 3,000 rpms. The quality is very good, and the ride is very nice. The Infotainment takes some getting used to, and it feels a little claustrophobic cause the doors are so high and it's a little hard to see out the back. I also feel the shifter is a little high. I am more use to it being closer to the floor. Overall I would highly recommend this car. It will be a very fun year round daily driver for me. I am sure once I get use to this amount of hp I will want to get a flash pro, but other than a few cosmetic changes I don't think I will do much to this car.

Honda Civic 10th gen Another my new Si Thread RNVm4FO
Congratulations!

If you have the headroom, it sounds like some of your concerns (side/rear visibility and shifter height) could be addressed or compensated for by raising the seat height. I'm almost 6' tall and I felt like I was sitting in a bathtub when I first bought mine. Raising the seat about an inch helped dramatically and I still have a few inches of clearance above my head.

OP
OP

Curtman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
adfdsfdsf
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations!

If you have the headroom, it sounds like some of your concerns (side/rear visibility and shifter height) could be addressed or compensated for by raising the seat height. I'm almost 6' tall and I felt like I was sitting in a bathtub when I first bought mine. Raising the seat about an inch helped dramatically and I still have a few inches of clearance above my head.

Thanks for the advice. I was trying to adjust it and it wouldn't move. I am think now I should try to raise it while not sitting in the seat.
Sponsored