• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

White Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan SI
Country flag
Finally received the plates from the dealer and was curious how it would look without front plates.

I know this is discussed many times on other car forums and I am aware of the consequences but personally like the look.

Honda Civic 10th gen Another frustrating decision IMG_1401.JPG
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you don't care about potential legal issues the no front tag look is always a winner.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As a PA resident I don’t have to worry about it. But when I lived in NJ, I had my front plate in the windshield. I would only get pulled over if I took my wipers off too (looked better on a GSR). Depends on the cop I guess.

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
Hmm, if it's not illegal, why not remove it for a cleaner look? One nice thing about AZ, no front plate required, though my car did come with the Front Plate Frame.

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I prefer without the plate but its illegal in my state. Some cops don't care but I've gotten tickets and or comments from cops about it now that I had to go ahead a bolt it on the civic. :( oh well.....

TheRealWizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe / 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Country flag
Took mine off as soon as i got home. Technically illega here in wisconsin but havent havent had any trouble with it over the last 4 months

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300
No front plate will always look better as it does not disrupt the lines of the car.
Depending on your state law and its consequences, its your choice how much risk you want to take.
I will mount my front plate when it arrives since the dealer already drilled holes in my Si before I could request not to. (bought the showroom model)

I like that by having the front plate on, the car gets less attention from the police.

Krazieness

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe // 2016 Acura ILX
Country flag
I just really dont understand the laws with front mounted license plates. Here in AZ you don't need front plates which is common sense but where as in Cali, you NEED to have it on the front too but the stupid part is that you only put the registration stickers on the rear.... What is the reason for front mounted plates? So cops in front of you can see your plates from their rearview? lol

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
I just really dont understand the laws with front mounted license plates. Here in AZ you don't need front plates which is common sense but where as in Cali, you NEED to have it on the front too but the stupid part is that you only put the registration stickers on the rear.... What is the reason for front mounted plates? So cops in front of you can see your plates from their rearview? lol
Front mounted plates serve a purpose; to identify a car from the front. Whether it's rear view, or on-coming traffic. It's not exactly rocket science to figure out why states have them.

Cars certainly look better without them. I took mine off my S2000, but since the bumper was drilled by the dealer on the Si, and it is illegal to run without it in my state, I'll keep it. The car is not exactly the prettiest looking thing anyway.

ClemsonPatriot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm glad SC does not require a front license plate because (in my opinion) it would ruin the look of the front of the car.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If your car has the plate holder mount then rock a front plate since the holes are already on the bumper... if the plate holder has not been put on the car yet then don't run a front plate since it looks so much better without it :thumbsup:

556ALPHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
If your car has the plate holder mount then rock a front plate since the holes are already on the bumper... if the plate holder has not been put on the car yet then don't run a front plate since it looks so much better without it :thumbsup:
Plug the holes, much better look

Honda Civic 10th gen Another frustrating decision 45FF62CA-5918-40F0-A35F-EAA8FA6D2D75

Last edited:

NickName541

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
1. Great looking Si...

2. I've searched low and high and can't find a part number for the OEM Honda Plugs/Caps. Do you happen to know it? (Don't want to go aftermarket route)

3. Or if anyone has the Part Number for the plugs/caps for a WOP vehicle that would be awesome too.

556ALPHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe