Annual Dragon Run

CTR_Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've posted this in our North American FB owners group but thought I needed to post here too. I am in the process of organizing an annual Dragon run, as many other owner groups do.

For those that may be unfamiliar, here is the TotD site:

http://tailofthedragon.com/

I am going to contact the group sales manager on Monday about rates and schedules and so forth at Fontana Village:

http://www.fontanavillage.com/

At this point, I'm looking at late spring, early summer, depending on what events are going on at time. My thought is that we would come in on Friday and leave out on Sunday. That should give plenty of time for a couple drives as well as meet and greet, car show, etc.

I have two questions for the community as it stands. Is there any interest in an annual CTR Dragon run? Also, should it be a 10th gen thing or CTR only? If it was a 10th gen event, would that turn other CTR owners off from attending? Vice-versa?

Look forward to hearing some feedback.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CTR_Gavin

CTR_Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've done countless Dragon events with the S2000 group over the past 16 years, if I have a CTR by then I'd be interested. It would be fun if the first meet was at least mostly CTR's.

BTW, looks like there is a similar thread here: http://www.civicx.com/threads/tail-of-the-dragon-meet.11899/
Yeah I saw that thread and from the looks, it looks like a single day meet and drive. I'm wanting to plan something for the weekend that's an annual thing sort of like Fall Colors and the spring Dragon run used to be with the S2000 community.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm interested in doing the same, had planned on doing it as a general 10th Gen Civic group.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/tail-of-the-dragon-meet-feeler-thread.13400/

I spoke to the site admin and he said he'd be happy to support it. If you are up for not doing it as CTR only I'd be happy to work together with you as well as the site admin to put something together. These types of meets are always fun.

Froggie3kb

HondaProKevin.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.HondaProKevin.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR, S2000, RSX-S, Accord, CR-V
Country flag
Not to sound snobby but personally I think it'd be cool if it was an exclusive Civic Type R or just Type R in general gathering. Also, I'd have to vote for Spring that way we can hang around and shoot the crap etc and not be miserably hot when we're not sitting in the air conditioning.

My schedule isn't like most sadly, since I'm a motorcycle dealer my weekends are Sunday / Monday. I always end up missing out on most events as everybody is packing it up to leave early on Sundays which is when I roll in that morning everyone is leaving :( . Not much that can be done there I know but it'd be cool if something was going on for at least a little bit on Sunday for us stragglers.

On a side note, great idea and thanks for getting the ball rolling on this as it takes a lot of work to organize these things and most organizers don't get enough credit. Thankfully I'm only a couple of hours away and get to enjoy the gap on a regular basis. Looking forward to my first run in the next couple of weeks in the CTR once I get a few more miles on her woo woo!

OP
OP
CTR_Gavin

CTR_Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok guys. Just spoke with Fontana Village and they have March 23-25 open. They are putting a proposal together as far as room costs but she did tell me that we need 10 rooms rented to get the group rate. I will know more information once I receive the proposal but she did say that all of April is sold out and the next two weekends available are Mother's Day and Memorial Day.

What do you guys think of March 23-25?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok guys. Just spoke with Fontana Village and they have March 23-25 open. They are putting a proposal together as far as room costs but she did tell me that we need 10 rooms rented to get the group rate. I will know more information once I receive the proposal but she did say that all of April is sold out and the next two weekends available are Mother's Day and Memorial Day.

Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

Froggie3kb

HondaProKevin.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.HondaProKevin.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR, S2000, RSX-S, Accord, CR-V
Country flag

If we do March then I can more than likely get that Saturday off so a March date sounds good to me. Worst case scenario I'll at least be up there on Sunday morning to have some fun before everyone leaves.

OP
OP
CTR_Gavin

CTR_Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's been some apprehension about March so I'm looking at the first weekend of June. Traffic will be really bad but it seems a few people don't want to bring their cars out that early in the year.

JJAY8175

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord 2007 Honda civic SI 97 Subaru Legacy 17 CTR CW #3892
Country flag
I'm down for some dragon next year, I've been there several times with my 600rr and 1000rr.

Hondanight

First Name
Michael Wertz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I've been to the dragon several times (spring,fall,summer) I would most likely not go in June. Way to crowded, would be a waste of time and gas imo. Although the end of march (as mentioned above) may workout as well. May be late enough to avoid salt and snow.

I would push for (late March/April/May) or a fall trip around Sept/Oct/early Nov)

Last edited:
OP
OP
CTR_Gavin

CTR_Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been to the dragon several times (spring,fall,summer) I would most likely not go in June. Way to crowded, would be a waste of time and gas imo. March I agree is too early, too much of a chance of salt/snow etc...
I would push for April/may or a fall trip around Sept/oct.
April/May is booked solid and fall is over a year away at this point. We are going to go ahead with the last weekend in March into April 1. At that point, we can book for April/May 2019.
Sponsored