Android Auto Beefs

Whitechoco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So a couple of small gripes . Not sure if this is Honda or Android Auto issue.

1. If I leave my phone connected and leave the car, when I come back to the car I have to disconnect and then reconnect the phone for it to open Android Auto. Is this normal?

2. When I say "OK Google play (insert here) it will open iHeartRadio and go to the channel I want but won't play the station until I physically press pause and then press start . Again is this normal?

Thank you for any advise.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T
1. No, not normal. On road trips, I'll leave the phone in the car when I run into a gas station or restaurant. The map pops right back up when I start the car.

2. I can't speak to iheart, but with Google Play Music, the station starts right away after a second or two of loading.

velocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. Not normal, I can leave the phone plugged in and turn off the car. Once I turn the car back on, it resumes.
2. iHeart Radio used to do that for me, but since their update, it autoplays when I open it.

OP
OP
Whitechoco

Whitechoco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. Not normal, I can leave the phone plugged in and turn off the car. Once I turn the car back on, it resumes.
2. iHeart Radio used to do that for me, but since their update, it autoplays when I open it.
2. Are you talking about iHeartRadio's update or an update to the Honda infotainment center?

Hatchback of Notre DAMN!

Pop the top and let the sunshine in...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it just me or does everyone's Andriod Auto not list/show their songs that they have stored on their phones? I mean even my aftermarket deck that I had installed in my Vigor listed all my stored music that I had on my phone... I just want to be able to go into Andriod Auto, click the headphone icon, and see all the songs listed in my phone!

velocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it just me or does everyone's Andriod Auto not list/show their songs that they have stored on their phones? I mean even my aftermarket deck that I had installed in my Vigor listed all my stored music that I had on my phone... I just want to be able to go into Andriod Auto, click the headphone icon, and see all the songs listed in my phone!
should be under google play music

Hatchback of Notre DAMN!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's a limitation when using AA. You can use the voice prompt to play a specific song, artist, or album.

Personally, I just copied all my favorite albums to a USB drive and play it that way.
If I do it that way, can I still have my phone connected so I can use Google maps?

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
If I do it that way, can I still have my phone connected so I can use Google maps?
You can play audio from any source and use AA. But to browse your music you have to leave AA, then go to the "Audio" screen. You can still use the steering wheel to just skip tracks without leaving AA.

Hatchback of Notre DAMN!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can play audio from any source and use AA. But to browse your music you have to leave AA, then go to the "Audio" screen. You can still use the steering wheel to just skip tracks without leaving AA.
Isn't the only USB outlet that plays music the same one as the one to hook up your phone to AA?

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Well, I'm not sure how the hatch is laid out, but in the sedan the dash USB port is for AA, and the arm-rest console port is used for playing music / ipod / charging.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
So a couple of small gripes . Not sure if this is Honda or Android Auto issue.

1. If I leave my phone connected and leave the car, when I come back to the car I have to disconnect and then reconnect the phone for it to open Android Auto. Is this normal?

2. When I say "OK Google play (insert here) it will open iHeartRadio and go to the channel I want but won't play the station until I physically press pause and then press start . Again is this normal?

Thank you for any advise.
What phone are you using ?

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag