Ambient Light Kit & Illuminated Console kit Installed.

Rickstitans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Delivered today and installed. It is best to do them at the same time due to a lot of the same things must be taken apart. It was very time consuming.

The light from the Ambient kit in the footwells looks pretty good, and the console strips look awesome. You can control the brightness by turning your trip knob.

I did a video of the install. I am sure I left out some things, but it was a lot.

Sponsored

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
You can control the brightness by turning your trip knob.
Thank you! I will check that out. My dealer said it was constant brightness: on or off
Edit: My dealer was incorrect... you can adjust the brightness with the trip knob. Basically, my dealer has typically told me he doesn't have answers (to the infotainment, walk away and lock, and other issues) and the only answer he has had has been wrong. Starting to really love Honda's dealer tech training program on their new cars.

Last edited:

Soma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Great Job! I love the ambient lighting. Thanks for posting the video.

Luis_Vuitton_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Hey nice mod man! Just wondering though, how did you place the led light strips under the driver side dash? I have found no way to place them without interfering with something or just looking plain awful. Any help greatly appreciated man.

OP
OP
Rickstitans

Rickstitans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Hey nice mod man! Just wondering though, how did you place the led light strips under the driver side dash? I have found no way to place them without interfering with something or just looking plain awful. Any help greatly appreciated man.
If you look at the video, the lights under the dash are not strips, they are one led bulb and you have to drill a hole to mount them.

Luis_Vuitton_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
If you look at the video, the lights under the dash are not strips, they are one led bulb and you have to drill a hole to mount them.
Ohh yeah sorry lol. I thought this was a custom led kit not the OEM honda kit.

bugeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring
Delivered today and installed. It is best to do them at the same time due to a lot of the same things must be taken apart. It was very time consuming.

The light from the Ambient kit in the footwells looks pretty good, and the console strips look awesome. You can control the brightness by turning your trip knob.

I did a video of the install. I am sure I left out some things, but it was a lot.

Looks great, question for you Rickstitans, what tools do you use to remove the interior panels, specifically trim around the center console, is it hard to remove at all? thanks.