all my system warning lights came on

trentcofax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I have had the same issue with my prior EX-T coupe. It happened twice and I recorded it on my iPad to show the service department. The tech describe this if you use a lot of accessory power for example if you have the car on Accessory mode and are charging several objects like a phone or iPod or camera or even an iPad it can cause a drain on the battery and when you start your car up it throws up all these error codes and you know what? he was absolutely spot-on because that's exactly what I do in my car. So I stopped my using accessory power for an experiment using the accessory power and the symptoms went away. And Haven occured since. Hope this helps. My EX-T was stock tune.
If Honda tries to make me believe that my Lc2i and Kenwood KSC-SW11 underseat sub, with a combined current draw of <9amps from unused spots in the kick panel fuse block, and an iPhone plugged into the radio pull too much power which caused the fault, I am going to lose it. That sounds like one of the most ridiculous things I have heard recently. That would mean the issue could occur in every turbo civic with an aftermarket stereo system, extra illumination, etc. The new civic better not be that fragile.
Sponsored

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If Honda tries to make me believe that my Lc2i and Kenwood KSC-SW11 underseat sub, with a combined current draw of <9amps from unused spots in the kick panel fuse block, and an iPhone plugged into the radio pull too much power which caused the fault, I am going to lose it. That sounds like one of the most ridiculous things I have heard recently. That would mean the issue could occur in every turbo civic with an aftermarket stereo system, extra illumination, etc. The new civic better not be that fragile.
I agree with you. But I sit in my car for maybe 30-40 minutes in accessory mode while charging my phone iPad and with the radio on. And it resolved when I stopped doing that. So all I got is my observation of case and effect. However my Si hasn't had this issue. Maybe it just was my EX-T

trentcofax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I agree with you. But I sit in my car for maybe 30-40 minutes in accessory mode while charging my phone iPad and with the radio on. And it resolved when I stopped doing that. So all I got is my observation of case and effect. However my Si hasn't had this issue. Maybe it just was my EX-T
I definitely appreciate the observation, but am seriously hoping that this is not the case. The Texan in me just idles to charge phone or watch the occasional YouTube video; oil may not grow on trees, but it does come out of the ground here ;)

NAZGOL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Optima SXL
Country flag
Well as of this morning i have the same issue, all my warning lights are on. Sitting at the dealer at the moment.

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well as of this morning i have the same issue, all my warning lights are on. Sitting at the dealer at the moment.
I'm sorry that's got to be infuriating!!!

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hopefully
On top of that, they need to keep the car......
Hopefully that means they are going to investigate this seriously... I'd seriously bitch about it and get a Si for a loaner car.

trentcofax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hopefully

Hopefully that means they are going to investigate this seriously... I'd seriously bitch about it and get a Si for a loaner car.
I hope you are right. I left mine at the dealer as well on Friday. Went up there Saturday and am pretty sure they had no intention of looking at it until the new week. They arranged a loaner, which is paid for if the issue is covered under warranty (I don't know how it would not be). Good thing having the loaner since some lady decided to rear-end me today on the highway :(

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hope you are right. I left mine at the dealer as well on Friday. Went up there Saturday and am pretty sure they had no intention of looking at it until the new week. They arranged a loaner, which is paid for if the issue is covered under warranty (I don't know how it would not be). Good thing having the loaner since some lady decided to rear-end me today on the highway :(
Are you Alright? well getting rear ended could be a mixed blessing, depending on your moral and financial compass you could sue. and hopefully with settlement pay off your car.

trentcofax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Are you Alright? well getting rear ended could be a mixed blessing, depending on your moral and financial compass you could sue. and hopefully with settlement pay off your car.
Stiff neck, but I'll live. I am too soft to go after people that may not have much after Hurricane Harvey, but that is an interesting idea.

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stiff neck, but I'll live. I am too soft to go after people that may not have much after Hurricane Harvey, but that is an interesting idea.
I'm glad your ok.. as for the Idea......well it's an option

trentcofax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Picked up car this morning. They could not tell me what actually happened. They saw in the ECU that a misfire occurred, but no real explanation for the warning lights. The dealership was able to confirm that these symptoms almost always result from low battery voltage as Archangel reported, but my battery tested fine. They cleared the warnings and test drove it up and down the highway in front of the dealership, including riding with the ECU monitor to take a snapshot, and they did not return.

I guess I just cross my fingers that it does not happen again :dunno:

NAZGOL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good to hear ....i guess, im waiting on my dealer also. They told me all the samethings when i took my car in....hopefully i get mine back today or tomorrow.

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Picked up car this morning. They could not tell me what actually happened. They saw in the ECU that a misfire occurred, but no real explanation for the warning lights. The dealership was able to confirm that these symptoms almost always result from low battery voltage as Archangel reported, but my battery tested fine. They cleared the warnings and test drove it up and down the highway in front of the dealership, including riding with the ECU monitor to take a snapshot, and they did not return.

I guess I just cross my fingers that it does not happen again :dunno:
That's good news!! hopefully it won't happen again!

NAZGOL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
lets see, they replaced the battery, updated the VSA system, adj the valves and cleared the codes. So far so good.
Sponsored