TypeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3 & Type R
Country flag
FK8 Owners....

Are you planning to modify your Type R?

If so, what type of parts are you looking for?

Power:
Intakes, exhausts, intercoolers, tuning software, turbo upgrades...etc?

Suspension / Wheels:
Springs, coilovers, brake upgrades (pads/rotors), Wheels...etc?

Exterior / Interior:
Aero, seats, harnesses, roll bar...etc?

I'm curious to see where everyone is headed with their car. I plan on doing a few power and suspension mods soon. The above is just an example, if you have specific things let's hear it!
Sponsored

hondatech nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline
Just power mods intake, exhaust, tuning, maybe radiator and intercooler. Don't want to mess with the suspension at all cause this car is setup perfect from the factory I think any modifications will negatively affect the handling of the car which is the primary reason I bought it

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Bramrock

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic LX NBP, (Preordered) 2017 Civic Type R CW
Intake, Exhaust, Tuning and after the manufacturer warranty expires a bigger turbo... whenever I manage to get my Type R that is, #CanadianStruggle

y4ngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB CTR
Country flag
Do you need to have a Honda dealer install your aftermarket parts in order to keep your warranty?

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you need to have a Honda dealer install your aftermarket parts in order to keep your warranty?
Unless you know the dealer and mechanic very well, there is a 99% chance that they will not install any part that is not Honda branded.

OP
OP
TypeOne

TypeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3 & Type R
Country flag
Typically your warranty is only affected if the dealer can claim that something you did to the car caused the issue. For example, installing a cold air intake and sucking up water resulting in a blown engine. That is cause for your warranty to be voided. However, I have found that in most cases, mods don't really matter... as long you aren't trying to get the dealer to pay for something you caused. I took my BMW to the dealership to have a recall performed and they didn't say anything about the mods I had on the car.

OP
OP
TypeOne

TypeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3 & Type R
Country flag
This x 10000. I'm a huge Mugen fan and have had a lot of Mugen parts installed on my previous Hondas.
I agree... just not sure when Mugen is going to have anything for this car. They typically don't make things for the American market... so unless these cars make their way to Japan soon, it might be a while.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
I agree... just not sure when Mugen is going to have anything for this car. They typically don't make things for the American market... so unless these cars make their way to Japan soon, it might be a while.
Patience is key. Kings Motorsports is a huge distributor and I'll be keeping an eye on their site.
Sponsored