Aftermarket concerns!

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I know Honda is trying to get rid of the whole ricer look with the new Civic, but how much will that affect the aftermarket? I'm wanting to get a carbon fiber trunk, hood, and splitters. Do you think I'll be able to get it?
Sponsored

bmm245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
I'd say give the car some time to be out and most aftermarket parts will start becoming available. It's a brand new car now so it'll take some time for companies to catch up.

-Brian

OP
OP

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Is there a "go to" website to order the aftermarket parts?

OP
OP

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
They're sure taking their sweet time with the aftermarket

aaronarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Tacoma, 16' Civic Touring
Country flag
They're sure taking their sweet time with the aftermarket
The car hasn't been out long enough for anything significant. Full chassis redesign and a first iteration of the 1.5T means nothing crosses over AND the coupes just got released, I suspect most of the market to be tailored to the coupe as 4 doors aren't that cool to modify in this class of cars.

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I know Honda is trying to get rid of the whole ricer look with the new Civic, but how much will that affect the aftermarket? I'm wanting to get a carbon fiber trunk, hood, and splitters. Do you think I'll be able to get it?
I bought an aftermarket moon roof visor and within a week the 3M tape literally pulled off the corner of the visor. Ordered an aftermarket hood deflector and it didn't fit! The OEMs I then had installed were perfect. Yes, more expensive but they are quality and fit!

OP
OP

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I bought an aftermarket moon roof visor and within a week the 3M tape literally pulled off the corner of the visor. Ordered an aftermarket hood deflector and it didn't fit! The OEMs I then had installed were perfect. Yes, more expensive but they are quality and fit!
Sorry to hear that. That'd be a real bummer

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
The car hasn't been out long enough for anything significant. Full chassis redesign and a first iteration of the 1.5T means nothing crosses over AND the coupes just got released, I suspect most of the market to be tailored to the coupe as 4 doors aren't that cool to modify in this class of cars.
I am starting to see more aftermarket items (aka Made in China). I am amazed at some members seemingly adding so much ABS chrome to their 2016s that I picture the results looking like a Kenilworth truck - chrome, chrome, chrome!
Sponsored