sad but true :(
Sponsored

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I noticed there's a lot of creaking and groaning in the plastics. If you push on just about any surface, it makes that sound like cheap plastic that's ooorly glued onto something.

Rattles are intermittent but more frequent at 10K mile than I'd expect, and I've had far more than I ever did in 40K miles of my 2013.

I find that pushing gently on these panels makes them less rattle prone. Usually do if whenever I get in the car. Maybe I'm crazy haha

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
4k miles here, and I hear rattles every where. I've taken it to the dealership 3 times. Some gets fixed, then reappears, others never get repaired. I'm getting sick of it, to the point I've considered trading it in and taking the loss. What sucks is that I love everything else about the car, and nothing in this price range comes close to this.

I'll be taking it back to the dealership until they fix it.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Overall I really love the car. But I've started having a weird squeaking noise from the rear passenger wheel area over bumps, like the suspension. Dealership fixed it last month and said it was the bumper rubbing or misaligned from factory, but it's back.

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
When I tell people about the rattles, I get the same "Its an entry level sedan, you can't expect too much out of it". It gets me wondering, am I really being too demanding of a car of this level, or should we really not have to deal with shit like this?

I drove an LX loaner they provided me the first time I took it to the dealership, and it didn't have a single rattle. It was pleasure driving the car, super silent. I just want my car to be like that :(

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I tell people about the rattles, I get the same "Its an entry level sedan, you can't expect too much out of it". It gets me wondering, am I really being too demanding of a car of this level, or should we really not have to deal with shit like this?

I drove an LX loaner they provided me the first time I took it to the dealership, and it didn't have a single rattle. It was pleasure driving the car, super silent. I just want my car to be like that :(
I say that to myself all the time when people belittle the situation. I'm like am I really overly critical of the car. Is an entry level car suppose to have 10 different rattles buzzing popping creeking. Grinding apon start. Subwoofer rattle. Horribly cheap paint and weak sheet metal. If so my next car is going to be a premium car.

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
If so my next car is going to be a premium car.
That is exactly how I am thinking. Word for word. If I have to deal with shit like this at $23k, then I would rather spend $7k more to have something that causes me no headaches. If a car is supposed to be an investment, I should be making a good one. I know european cars are gonna have much higher repair bills, but if this car doesn't work out, I'm trading it in and getting an A3. Fuck dealing with issues like this.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
That is exactly how I am thinking. Word for word. If I have to deal with shit like this at $23k, then I would rather spend $7k more to have something that causes me no headaches. If a car is supposed to be an investment, I should be making a good one. I know european cars are gonna have much higher repair bills, but if this car doesn't work out, I'm trading it in and getting an A3. Fuck dealing with issues like this.
You will NEVER find a car that causes no headaches.

A stock/everyday car can NEVER be considered an investment.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You definitely won't find a car that is completely problem free. But and Audi BMW or Mercedes must have better interior quality. if not then they should just buy a Honda lol. I might save up for a couple years and then just buy a 328i and get an extended bumper to bumper warranty.

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
You will NEVER find a car that causes no headaches.

A stock/everyday car can NEVER be considered an investment.
Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm young, 25, so I haven't experienced any of that yet (besides with this car).

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm young, 25, so I haven't experienced any of that yet (besides with this car).
I'm 24. My last car was a Ford Focus and that was a POS. By 5 years old it needed 2 throttle bodies replaced. 2 motor mounts. 3 sets of tires because it would wear right. Sway bar. The carpet in the passenger side was cut to short so it would rip up. The whole dash buzzed when cold.

I thought I was making a good choice by going with Honda but my mistake. Should have kept my previous shit box. Atleast it held up decent until around 40,000 miles.

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I'm 24. My last car was a Ford Focus and that was a POS. By 5 years old it needed 2 throttle bodies replaced. 2 motor mounts. 3 sets of tires because it would wear right. Sway bar. The carpet in the passenger side was cut to short so it would rip up. The whole dash buzzed when cold.

I thought I was making a good choice by going with Honda but my mistake. Should have kept my previous shit box. Atleast it held up decent until around 40,000 miles.
Damn, sorry to hear that. I'm here just bitching about rattles...I can't even imagine having to deal with issues that also destroy my pocket...

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn, sorry to hear that. I'm here just bitching about rattles...I can't even imagine having to deal with issues that also destroy my pocket...
Yea I have a list of issues with this car that once it's out of warranty I'm going to be worried. But I guess it's one of those things you live and you learn. My mother kept saying to me wait until the car is out for a while look into what people are experiencing and get a 2017 since 16 is the first model year. Didn't listen to her and got screwed. Oh well
Sponsored