AEM Cold Air intake and CHARGE PIPE

Rob_13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just picked up my car this morning from k&n, thought id share cold air intake and charge pipe
Honda Civic 10th gen AEM Cold Air intake and CHARGE PIPE IMG_3549

Honda Civic 10th gen AEM Cold Air intake and CHARGE PIPE IMG_3551
Honda Civic 10th gen AEM Cold Air intake and CHARGE PIPE IMG_3552

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
just the cold side charge pipes or did you get the hot side too?

OP
OP
Rob_13

Rob_13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
unfortunately no, its just the cold side

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
those 2 threaded inserts with the allen key head, what are those for? it doesn't look like they are 1/8npt for a methanol nozzle or are they?

and where did you find a charge pipe? or did you volunteer your car for testing and that's the first one ever to leave the factory?

OP
OP
Rob_13

Rob_13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
those 2 threaded inserts with the allen key head, what are those for? it doesn't look like they are 1/8npt for a methanol nozzle or are they?

and where did you find a charge pipe? or did you volunteer your car for testing and that's the first one ever to leave the factory?
I'm not sure actually wasn't even thinking of methonal at the time but the size does look right.

And yeah left my car for testing so it's the first. I should also point out that it doesn't go all the way to the intercooler
Honda Civic 10th gen AEM Cold Air intake and CHARGE PIPE IMG_3550.JPG

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
I haven't yet spent much time under the hood to see but did that part appear to be very restrictive? Last car I had the only 2 reasons for an aftermarket charge pipe was to gain the bungs for some kind of nozzle or the factory piece could burst under higher boost pressure. (I guess a 3rd was the factory diverter valves could start to leak too but they sold aftermarket diverters that worked with stock pipe setup.)

Fiiggy_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Honda Civic, 15 JEEP JKU, 14 BMW S1K, 98 Camaro Z/28
Country flag
I'm not sure actually wasn't even thinking of methonal at the time but the size does look right.

And yeah left my car for testing so it's the first. I should also point out that it doesn't go all the way to the intercooler
IMG_3550.JPG
How does your car run with the aem

OP
OP
Rob_13

Rob_13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How does your car run with the aem
Throttle response is much better imo and worth it alone,the sound is very nice, power difference is slightly noticeable but it supposedly like +17ish hp with cai+charge pipe without tune although i havent seen the dyno sheet myself.
The only thing i am considering is changing it to short ram temporarily for winter because the filter does sit very low in the car and i feel like going through a deep puddle could be problematic

Fiiggy_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Honda Civic, 15 JEEP JKU, 14 BMW S1K, 98 Camaro Z/28
Country flag
Throttle response is much better imo and worth it alone,the sound is very nice, power difference is slightly noticeable but it supposedly like +17ish hp with cai+charge pipe without tune although i havent seen the dyno sheet myself.
The only thing i am considering is changing it to short ram temporarily for winter because the filter does sit very low in the car and i feel like going through a deep puddle could be problematic
Did they release a date for the charge pipe

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
Wow, 12hp increase from just changing a pipe ! Amazing!!! :D
(according to their site)

Some of these intake companies ARE getting smart though....so they don't get sued they are changing their wording in their claims to say "up to" a certain hp. That way, when u dyno it and u get 1 or 2hp increase u can't bitch.

Last edited: