OP
OP
iWantaHatch

iWantaHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ExlNavi,2016 PiloTouring
Looks good. Any problems with rubbing? How is the ride?
I had prepared myself for a bumpy ride but Nope silky smooth, No Rubbing either
I'm extremely happy with this setup. The only thing left to do really is a set of spacers to push them out a little maybe 10-15 mm. It's a work in progress

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Lmao, I'm the dealer
I hooked myself up
Curious, what do u think a "non" dealer, regular customer, would have to say to try and get those wheels on a car they buy at the dealer? Is it worth trying, or would you suggest getting those wheels online and get them put on somewhere else besides at the dealer?

OP
OP
iWantaHatch

iWantaHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curious, what do u think a "non" dealer, regular customer, would have to say to try and get those wheels on a car they buy at the dealer? Is it worth trying, or would you suggest getting those wheels online and get them put on somewhere else besides at the dealer?
Its always worth trying. Ask the techs for Accord take offs Make a friend in service buy your advisor a cup of DD or Starbucks Java Juice etc

They're mostly car guys and Love to shoot the shit with people.

I've also seen these wheels up for sale on Craigslist but I think theyre all stolen Anywhere between $800 to $1400. The problem is that then the tires are all too big for our cars if you plan on dropping it.
No bueno.

There's nothing available for the hatch as far as suspension :( and that influenced my decision to do 19" with 225 40 19 size tire.

I was toying around with ILX Aspec Wheels, Old Type S TL wheels, Civic Si wheels etc.
I didn't want to mess around with hubcentric adaptors. That's why I went with a Honda Wheel

I've been stalking my hatch for months and I had plenty, maybe too much time on the wheel sites and Craigslist

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the reply! I'm pretty new to how things work with cars, so sorry about sounding like a total fool. So if I am reading this correct, you're saying the rims are too big for the 10th gen civic? Or the tires that are on accord sport rims that come with the accord sport are too big for our car? So basically, you just got the rims and then bought new tires to make them fit the hatch? And Does Honda actually sell the rims by themselves so I wouldn't have to risk buying stolen ones on ebay or craigslist?

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Sorry for like the 4th question in 2 minutes, lol. But what exactly is Accord Take offs? Also, Why would the dealers be taking off the rims in the first place?

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Sorry for like the 4th question in 2 minutes, lol. But what exactly is Accord Take offs? Also, Why would the dealers be taking off the rims in the first place?
Customer says "I like the car but don't want those 19s, can you put 18s on it?"

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Thanks for the reply! I'm pretty new to how things work with cars, so sorry about sounding like a total fool. So if I am reading this correct, you're saying the rims are too big for the 10th gen civic? Or the tires that are on accord sport rims that come with the accord sport are too big for our car? So basically, you just got the rims and then bought new tires to make them fit the hatch? And Does Honda actually sell the rims by themselves so I wouldn't have to risk buying stolen ones on ebay or craigslist?
225/40R19 tires would be 2.2" larger in diameter than stock hatch Sport, so you might have rubbing issues if you lower the suspension.

OP
OP
iWantaHatch

iWantaHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
225/40R19 tires would be 2.2" larger in diameter than stock hatch Sport, so you might have rubbing issues if you lower the suspension.
I wouldn't slam it
Just an inch would be fine
Sponsored