Additional sun visor?

izitnick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2017 Civic EX CVT Hatch
Country flag
Hey all. Question for you experts about the sun visors in the CivicX sun visors/fold down mirrors.

I have a '17 EX CVT hatch. Love the car and its interior, except that on my commute to and from work, the sun seems to sit squarely between both sun visors and shines right in my eyes! On my old Civic I just rolled up a wad of paper towels and stuck it behind the rearview mirror, which worked, but I'd prefer a nicer-looking solution for my new girl.

Is there a product for this? I'm not looking for a full-windshield sun shade, like you might use to protect your interior from sun fading. Just something to block the sun from my eyes while driving. Thanks!

P.S.: Mods: This didn't seem to fit well in any of the technical forums so I stuck it here. If it is best suited elsewhere I'm sorry!
Sponsored

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey all. Question for you experts about the sun visors in the CivicX sun visors/fold down mirrors.

I have a '17 EX CVT hatch. Love the car and its interior, except that on my commute to and from work, the sun seems to sit squarely between both sun visors and shines right in my eyes! On my old Civic I just rolled up a wad of paper towels and stuck it behind the rearview mirror, which worked, but I'd prefer a nicer-looking solution for my new girl.

Is there a product for this? I'm not looking for a full-windshield sun shade, like you might use to protect your interior from sun fading. Just something to block the sun from my eyes while driving. Thanks!

P.S.: Mods: This didn't seem to fit well in any of the technical forums so I stuck it here. If it is best suited elsewhere I'm sorry!
You could always get that top portion of your windshield tinted. Think it's called a sun strip.

Honda Civic 10th gen Additional sun visor? IMG_2546.JPG

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
VW had the ideal solution, but I don't think a similar aftermarket item exists.

I found this item on EBay that might work:

http://r.ebay.com/juCrf4

Picture of the VW solution.

Honda Civic 10th gen Additional sun visor? IMG_8192.JPG

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I found some OEM center visors on eBAY. This one from a Subaru has a single screw attachment that you might be able to adapt. The color is a bit off, I suspect.

VW makes a black one, but it doesn't have a screw, looks like it's supposed to snap in. Velcro might work.

http://r.ebay.com/TibqD2

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wish the visors had a pull-down extension.... I found I like my seat the lowest it will go, and when the sun is out sometimes I pump it up a few notches to get the visors to actually work as intended.
Sponsored