2017 Civic SI
Country flag
JL audio 6w3v3
Audiocontrol LC2i - must have for a decent signal
Rockford Fosgate PBR300X2 - About 350 watts at 4 ohms

Honda Civic 10th gen Added a mini subwoofer.  Finally have some bass xu4SQW4

Honda Civic 10th gen Added a mini subwoofer.  Finally have some bass J14xlX7

Honda Civic 10th gen Added a mini subwoofer.  Finally have some bass y6xpXCN

Overall sounds good. No extra crossovers on the amp which is what I was looking for (and small size) Bass is very acceptable but it makes the music sound much much richer and powerful. The sub is being driven very hard (sealed box) even at mid volumes probably getting at least 250 watts RMS. Should have got the 8 inch version if I did it over again.

I didn't go with a full size sub because I put my mountain bike in the trunk at least once a week. I had to confine the sub to that little corner.

Last edited by a moderator:

drew2420

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Looks great. Where did you tap into the speakers at? I will be setting up the Rockford Fosgate P300-10 with the LC2i very soon. I plan on tapping into the front speakers by removing the head unit. This is my first attempt at something like this but I have gathered a lot of good information from this forum.

OP
OP
integra15

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
If you are adding a sub I would recommend using the sub for the high level inputs. You can tap it right at the rear deck , that is what I did. The fronts and rears L/R both have built in crossovers that filter out a lot of bass.

drew2420

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am a bit confused. You are saying the LC2i is not needed and I should tap into the rear speakers? I plan on keeping the stock head unit and tapping into the front speakers at the back of the head unit. Running that back to the hatch where I will have my LC2i and then have the LC2i connect to the powered fostgate Sub. Is this information that I found over on Reddit incorrect?

"Do not use a standard LOC for the new civic. The EX head unit has a hidden EQ thats non-djustable and greatly reduces bass output before the signal is output to the speakers. Grab an AudioControl LC2i and use that to tap into the FRONT speakers, as they have a higher bass signal than the rears. The LC2i has a bass correction function, allowowing you to bring the bass frequencies back in line with the rest of the spectrum. The unit is also a powered unit with its own power and ground, giving 7+ volts of signal output vs the 0.5v from a nornal LOC, which will result in a cleaner signal with less noise."

OP
OP
integra15

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Well, you could tap the fronts but I would not recommend it. You can use some wire taps and connect them to the speaker wire running to the sub woofer on the rear deck or the rear 6.5 inch midrange speaker. Tapping the sub woofer would give you the best frequency response. The midrange speaker could work but I am not sure if it would sound as good.

It is correct what you read. The civic has built in signal separation, equalization and crossovers for each and every speaker. In the other post I mentioned you can see the 3 main outputs (Subwoofer, mid, and tweeter) The subwoofer signal has the most bass to it. You can see the signal outputs in the guys charts on that link.

I would for sure use an LC2i, then if you have the patience you can see how it sound with the front/rear mid input or then the subwoofer input. Chose which one sounds the best to you ultimately.

Edit - after much experimentation and reading documents the best input for any amp for the sub is to use the front signals and then use the bass boost on your amp to add bass back in. The reason is that the rear deck speakers are very filtered on the low end and the factory sub is crossed over at something like 80 hz with a huge drop off, this provides very little bass.
The only filtered on the front speakers is a very gradual 12 db / octave and that can be corrected with bass boost.

Last edited:

drew2420

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the information. I don't have a factory sub so I have to tap the mid inputs. I have a 2017 EX Hatchback. My biggest concern at this point is how to professionally run the power and 9-wire back to the hatch. How many panels did you have to remove to hide the wires? Thanks again for the help.

Drew