Accessorized 2016 Civic Sedan to appear at SEMA

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
http://hondanews.com/releases/honda...efreshed-2016-cr-z-and-more-at-2015-sema-show

Honda will ignite the floor at the 2015 SEMA Show with a full portfolio of performance products, including race bikes, HR-V project vehicles, and the debut of the Ridgeline Desert Race Truck. The Ridgeline Desert Race Truck will offer a first look at the styling direction of the highly anticipated 2017 Honda Ridgeline pickup. The "racing Ridgeline" also marks Honda's re-entry into Honda Performance Development (HPD)-powered factory off-road racing.

Also within the Honda display will be four Honda HR-V project vehicles, built in partnership with several highly creative U.S.-based automotive tuning houses. The refreshed 2016 Honda CR-Z sport hybrid coupe, complete with aggressive new exterior styling details and significantly improved interior, will also be highlighted in Honda's 2015 SEMA showcase, along with an accessorized version of the all-new 2016 Honda Civic Sedan and 2016 Honda Pilot. Further demonstrating the broad range of performance products and racing activities that only Honda can boast, Honda Powersports and HPD will also showcase many of their wares, including the Pioneer 1000 Side-by-Side in matching desert race livery, the Moto GP Race Replica RC213V-S, the Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing IndyCar display, and much more.

The Honda press conference will begin at 9:35 a.m. PDT on Nov. 3rd at Booth #24887 in the southeast corner of the Central Hall.

Honda will again host the Honda Soiree, this year taking place at Hakkasan Nightclub at the MGM Grand. Credentialed journalists can obtain a wristband to garner attendance at the Honda booth following the press conference.
Sponsored

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Would be cool to show it next to a world reveal of the coupe ;)

Anyway back to sedan... sounds like it won't be a custom one-off type of tuner build but feature the factory accessories. This is probably what we might see displayed with the factory body kit.

Honda Civic 10th gen Accessorized 2016 Civic Sedan to appear at SEMA {filename}

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
"and much more" could mean the coupe or nothing. At least we won't have to wait long to find out.

Golf6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK6 Golf
Does Honda really want to have any other Civic news compete for full attention if they are going to introduce the coupe there? Or maybe this is just a red herring :)

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Us coupe fans are going crazy! Ha. Well at least they will show the sedan in a decked out way. Would be cool if they brought the coupe. The camo on spy shots are not so flattering. But I am thinking that with sedan spyshot too. So we know it's going to be pretty close to concept.

Reactions: Ken

JIM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura rdx
"and much more" could mean the coupe or nothing. At least we won't have to wait long to find out.
Don't mean to be a downer but Honda has canceled our training this week on the 2016 Civic sedan and we understand that they are going to delay the launch date by a few days. I don't know why, my guess is to get rid of the last 2015 Civics.

hothatchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf Mark5
Don't mean to be a downer but Honda has canceled our training this week on the 2016 Civic sedan and we understand that they are going to delay the launch date by a few days. I don't know why, my guess is to get rid of the last 2015 Civics.
Are you saying you expect this to delay the coupe reveal or launch? The coupe could still be revealed at SEMA even if the production launch were delayed even by a few weeks?

I can't imagine any other events if not LA show or SEMA that they could do the reveal unless they plan to do a separate event themselves. And it seems the LA show is out if they dont even have a press conf scheduled.

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Yes here in Indy theythey moved the training by 1 week because they didn't have a car to train on.

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
Hmm good to know. Also, I might buy my Si when the time comes in Indy.... I'm just a little south of Indy and always shop up there. Nice to see locals on here sharing info, thanks!

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Hmm good to know. Also, I might buy my Si when the time comes in Indy.... I'm just a little south of Indy and always shop up there. Nice to see locals on here sharing info, thanks!
Yea come to Penske Honda in Carmel. They have the best service and prices in Indy. For some reason the other ones are more expensive?

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Are you saying you expect this to delay the coupe reveal or launch? The coupe could still be revealed at SEMA even if the production launch were delayed even by a few weeks?

I can't imagine any other events if not LA show or SEMA that they could do the reveal unless they plan to do a separate event themselves. And it seems the LA show is out if they dont even have a press conf scheduled.
I think JIM means the delay of the launch at his dealer will be delayed by a few days? Or is there a nationwide date that the sedan will launch at all dealers at same time?

There's already some 2016's at dealer show floors. Are these all preproduction cars for dealer training?

I'm in Riverside btw and plan to go see the first car. Anyone have any requests for any special photos or things to check out?

Honda Civic 10th gen Accessorized 2016 Civic Sedan to appear at SEMA 12080498_1511605182489798_1782275116_n
Honda Civic 10th gen Accessorized 2016 Civic Sedan to appear at SEMA 12031378_10153137916951669_4716558498967381250_o

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I need to take a trip to my dealer down the street and see if they have gotten any civics yet i can look at... It's a huge dealership so i'd imagine that if anyone in this area has them, it'd be them.

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're anywhere close to Cleveland you can probably catch one at this dealership. Did you see these pics of Civics arriving? http://www.civicx.com/threads/trucks-with-2016-honda-civics-arriving-at-dealers.524/unread
I'm in the Columbus area, so Cleveland is a bit of a drive. But the dealership close to me where i always go is actually the largest (in terms of stock and sales) in Ohio (and the midwest i believe according to them). So most likely they do probably have at least one of them sitting around. I suppose i should make a call down there and see what they have or if they're hiding it for the time being...
Sponsored