A guide to tuning the 10th Generation Civic 1.5 turbo

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
The +3 psi tune should be fine, it's just 25 HP.
Sponsored

solsticephase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Hondata said they were getting a 17 Civic and going to put 4000 miles on it and then submit the tune and data for CARB approval. If they get CARB approval, the next step seems to be to show Honda a small tune doesnt hurt the engine. I imagine thats what is happening since you should be able to buy a Hondata flash at a Honda dealer soon.
Source?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"Hondata said" it has most likely been over a conversation with Doug from Hondata with @dallasjhawk ?
Yep, either in another thread here or in an email or on the Hondata forums. Doug is very good about coming here and clearing things up and also teaching here. Its not often you get support from a Vendor quite like you get with them

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If it does happen, I would definitely be on board so here's to hoping that it gets approved!
Yeah for sure. Hondapro Jason said it in his review of FlashPro in a Hondata provided tuned civic that was posted to Hondata's website! Was exciting to hear!

Then in the PRL announcement about a catted downpipe, someone asked about a non catted with a defouler and they said there would be no way to override a CEL in FlashPro for a car without a cat. I asked if that was bc Hondata was going for CARB and Honda approval and the answer was bingo

http://www.civicx.com/threads/prl-motorsports-civic-x-1-5t-product-development.8515/

Pearlwhitefk7

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7
Country flag
I'm planning to tune my car. Tuning any car for the first time. I've read a lot of threads and could only understand partial of what was being said. With that said, is it completely safe to tune with one of the pre-installed tunes on hondata and or ktuner.

I read through the failures thread and it made me more reluctant. Are those failures from making custom adjustments?

Thank you for your feedback.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase