213hp and 241 torque on +6psi is insane for barebone stock

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@ 6:14 of the video there was a very interesting statement on how to/where to buy the Hondata system.

"Soon, you'll be able to even call some of the Honda dealerships and they'll be able to do it."
So I would guess that if a Honda dealer can do this in the future, it won't void your warranty.....

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Most tunes that retain warranty are very minor gains, such as the Mopar, fmpp, etc.

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe 1.5T WOP
Most tunes that retain warranty are very minor gains, such as the Mopar, fmpp, etc.
Safe to say we could run on the tuned basemap +3psi without having to worry about warranty issues? Especially if Honda is going to be doing this themselves sooner or later....

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
Safe to say we could run on the tuned basemap +3psi without having to worry about warranty issues? Especially if Honda is going to be doing this themselves sooner or later....
I doubt Honda corporate would sign off on having their ECU modified.Bit who knows.

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe 1.5T WOP
I doubt Honda corporate would sign off on having their ECU modified.Bit who knows.
So basically always flash to stock and shouldn't have any issues? Even with an intake and custom muffler on the car?

From what I'm hearing it only really matters if something goes wrong, which is why I'm spending my time researching to find the best parts. And why I will be doing conservative tunes in order to protect the longevity of the car.

It's my first brand new car and I only have 2300 miles on it. I also have the extended warranty with Honda.... but I want power. So if I can make it happen and still benefit from the service from Honda I'm game.

I haven't gotten a definitive answer on that I feel like. Any insight?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hondata said they were getting a 17 Civic and going to put 4000 miles on it and then submit the tune and data for CARB approval. If they get CARB approval, the next step seems to be to show Honda a small tune doesnt hurt the engine. I imagine thats what is happening since you should be able to buy a Hondata flash at a Honda dealer soon.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
did they ever approve the past Hondata ecu flash? Just wondering why this would be any different.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
did they ever approve the past Hondata ecu flash? Just wondering why this would be any different.
from reading up it appears the ECU logic is different this time and there are fewer things you can modify on the ECU.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
from reading up it appears the ECU logic is different this time and there are fewer things you can modify on the ECU.
nice, if that's true and doesn't void the warranty ill start saving now
Sponsored