A/C Help threads

danw1972

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL, Ford Taurus
I must not understand the structure of this forum. There has been serious A/C problems reported on this forum, one thread with 11 pages, three lemon law executions. The threads just cease to exist with no resolutions. Could Honda be terminating the threads?
Sponsored

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
mine whistles and it loud and annoying. when fan is on either for ac or heat. I was told this noise is normal. I call bullshit.

chokesmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Manual 2016
Country flag
How many miles/KM you have now? Mine used to do it during the summer but it seems like it is no longer doing it. I will have to check when it get warmer again but it seems that it is normal that it does this while it is in it breaking in period. Also, the whistling noise is most likely coming from the super efficient A/C Compressor rather than the fan.

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
How many miles/KM you have now? Mine used to do it during the summer but it seems like it is no longer doing it. I will have to check when it get warmer again but it seems that it is normal that it does this while it is in it breaking in period. Also, the whistling noise is most likely coming from the super efficient A/C Compressor rather than the fan.
Super efficient? Maybe but super noisy in my opinion. My car has 8300 miles. If I have ac or heat on I hear it. As soon as I shut off it's gone

OP
OP

danw1972

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL, Ford Taurus
It's probably because they either sold or traded the car. Honestly, this doesn't seems to be a widespread issue http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Civic/2016/AC_heater/

You also need to know that a small amount of people can do a lot of noise but it doesn't reflect the reality.
It is certainly not my intention to make noise. I bought 2016 EXL July 2016. It has 2650 mi of which 1000 miles are four round trips to the nearest Honda dealer to address the intermittent A/C problem. I purchased the car for my wife to make short daily trips around a small town. She wanted a sporty coup and I wanted a reliable car. When the A/C didn't work it was completely inoperative blowing ambient air. The last repair was a corroded negative battery cable which apparently affected a sensor. After eight months of hell and a test of a 45 year marriage, I will sell the car and exit the forum also if this problem appears again.

chokesmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Manual 2016
Country flag
It is certainly not my intention to make noise. I bought 2016 EXL July 2016. It has 2650 mi of which 1000 miles are four round trips to the nearest Honda dealer to address the intermittent A/C problem. I purchased the car for my wife to make short daily trips around a small town. She wanted a sporty coup and I wanted a reliable car. When the A/C didn't work it was completely inoperative blowing ambient air. The last repair was a corroded negative battery cable which apparently affected a sensor. After eight months of hell and a test of a 45 year marriage, I will sell the car and exit the forum also if this problem appears again.
I do understand that it wasn't your intention to make a lot of noise but you have to agree that when people post about the problems in these forum it sometime look like it is a widespread issue sometime and that is what I meant by a lot of noise. Seeing how these issue affected you life in a way I understand how you feel about it but from my perspective, if the repairs were done under warranty and it didn't cost you anything I say it's not that bad especially for the first year of that model.

It really suck to hear that you had a lot of issues as mine has been reliable appart from the issue with the head unit and rodent that chew my ECU Harness ( The dealer admitted that they have rodent issue where they store their cars )

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
mine whistles and it loud and annoying. when fan is on either for ac or heat. I was told this noise is normal. I call bullshit.
I picked up my 2017 LX last Tuesday and noticed this whistling when the fan is set around 1/4 of its power. At higher blow rate the whistling goes. My car is brand new. While on this topic, my brother in law purchased a 2013 Civic Touring a few weeks ago and I was at his house yesterday and he said he had a strange noise coming from his car. So we got in the car and he turned the fan on, at low setting, and it was whistling! I said to him my car has the same issue, sounds like something is in the vents causing it to have that low pitch whistle. I guess its a Honda issue, but it can be annoying.
Sponsored