A 3DR Si Hatchback would look better..

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Ehhh most people wouldn't buy it. Look at the 3 door Golf/GTI. Axed. Why? Because it doesn't sell.

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i love coupes and hatchbacks, previous car was a RSX so if honda did offer a 2 door hatch, i would definitely purchase and drive one however the market trend has totally shifted where more consumers are into crossovers :cry:

i think the coupes dont even sell that well either but honda has always offered them regardless

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definitely! I love Coupes and Hatchbacks so a 3 door Hatchback would've been so sweet.
Like I said I wanted the Coupe when it first came out but I love Hatchbacks even more but I guess Honda think so.

A few years ago I almost bought a 3 door VW GTI but like Honda back then I found them bland though Honda stepped up more than VW hence why I went with it.

thaseint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI SE
Country flag
Ehhh most people wouldn't buy it. Look at the 3 door Golf/GTI. Axed. Why? Because it doesn't sell.
Yeah unfortunately the target demographic (single, 20 something apartment dwellers) of 3-door hatches and coupes just don't have the money to buy new cars.

The people that do have the money to buy new cars want their money's worth and are looking for practicality, utility and long term. 2 doors, even 2 door hatches hurt practicality to a degree.

I love my EP3 and have hauled quite a bit of stuff so it has the utility; but when it comes to putting things/people in the back seat it completely sucks. It's a small detail but after a while when you have to move the front seats enough you realize just how annoying a 2-door really is. Personally I could never buy another 2-door unless as a second/weekend car.

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm still upset that the 4 door hatch is not coming with Si flavor, so I went and picked up a Sport Manual. Maybe in the future I'll tune it and get some of that Si flavor into my sport..

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm still upset that the 4 door hatch is not coming with Si flavor, so I went and picked up a Sport Manual. Maybe in the future I'll tune it and get some of that Si flavor into my sport..
slap on a SI badge and youre good to go :rolleyes:

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
haha, I'll be putting red honda badges, but not any other badging, I like the clean look, I just wanted the Si upgrades.

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
Looks awesome! Would make it the best of the four-car lineup, IMO.

Though I do agree with the rational thinkers here that it wouldn't be worth it for Honda to do, sales-wise.

OP
OP
S005J

S005J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 civic Si
Country flag
Fair enough, I wish 2Doors did sell more so this might have been an available model..

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
I don't think it looks right needs a shorter wheel base, or maybe just some of the nose trimmed off.

OP
OP
S005J

S005J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 civic Si
Country flag
I don't think it looks right needs a shorter wheel base, or maybe just some of the nose trimmed off.
It's made to the same dimensions as the 5 DR and 2DR..

Granted in the past the civic did have a shorter wheel base for the 2DRs

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Awesome render, but I prefer the versatility of the 5 door hatch. That being said, I'd take this before a regular coupe Si.
+1, would definitely get that.

Don't understand why the coupes aren't just all "coupe-hatchback" types anyway... Is rigidity harder to achieve, or is there some other legit/mechanical reason, or is it all just a stylistic choice? Maybe some slightly-better aerodynamics with a slimmer back, but probably not by very much? The 'hatch' version would have much more room for the back passengers + more cargo space for pretty much the same "price"/manufacturing effort... AND it looks better IMO.
Sponsored

Last edited: