#3522 PMM Build Thread

Are you happy with the way the car sounds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA TSX Superchrged, 2010 Honda Accord, 1999 Honda Accord
Country flag
Hey guys, as some of you may know I had been in the process of purchasing a Type R since November last year as far as deposits go and contracts. Well I finally got it last Friday (08/19/2017), for more info on my purchase experience, ups and downs check out my video going more in detail of the experience.

Moving on from there, I was stoked to pick up my Type R full disclosure I paid 1k over msrp once everything was all said and done, to me personally it was worth it

Within 24hrs I had put 230 miles on my Type r just local driving, I was ecstatic to say the least I had all my friends wanting to see it and I was not about to disappoint but just like we had all uncovered months ago the sound was underwhelming and needed some change. So the first thing I did was take it to the exhaust shop the next day and had the two resonators in the center removed! For stock vs modified sound clips check out my video!

Theres even a spot where a Golf R pops up and wanted to do a quick pull, I humored him and won....

I'm also a fan of most OEM accessories, so something I installed was the Wind Deflectors, they did a sweet job with making them appear aggressive and go with the lines of the car. I made video going over the installation for them as well.

Initial impressions of the vehicle so far, comfort mode is usually my go to for daily driving, just being in that encourages my mind to have a little less of a lead foot which I feel most of us have. I'm 23 but also a dad and it works for myself and my family!

Check out my youtube channel and subscribe if your interested in just Civic Type R stuff, tomorrow I will be meeting up with two other Type R owners to meet and greet and next week hit the track! Following that it will spend sometime at a well known suspension company for some R&D work!

Stay tuned for more!

Honda Civic 10th gen #3522 PMM Build Thread FullSizeRender 2

Honda Civic 10th gen #3522 PMM Build Thread FullSizeRender 3

Honda Civic 10th gen #3522 PMM Build Thread FullSizeRender 4

Honda Civic 10th gen #3522 PMM Build Thread FullSizeRender 5

Honda Civic 10th gen #3522 PMM Build Thread FullSizeRender

Honda Civic 10th gen #3522 PMM Build Thread IMG_9648.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen #3522 PMM Build Thread IMG_9650.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen #3522 PMM Build Thread IMG_9679.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen #3522 PMM Build Thread IMG_9680.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen #3522 PMM Build Thread IMG_9728.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen #3522 PMM Build Thread IMG_9669.JPG

Uploaded a video comparing stock exhaust sound to de-resonated to straight piped.

Whats your favorite?

Last edited:

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Hey guys, as some of you may know I had been in the process of purchasing a Type R since November last year as far as deposits go and contracts. Well I finally got it last Friday (08/19/2017), for more info on my purchase experience, ups and downs check out my video going more in detail of the experience.

Moving on from there, I was stoked to pick up my Type R full disclosure I paid 1k over msrp once everything was all said and done, to me personally it was worth it

Within 24hrs I had put 230 miles on my Type r just local driving, I was ecstatic to say the least I had all my friends wanting to see it and I was not about to disappoint but just like we had all uncovered months ago the sound was underwhelming and needed some change. So the first thing I did was take it to the exhaust shop the next day and had the two resonators in the center removed! For stock vs modified sound clips check out my video!

Theres even a spot where a Golf R pops up and wanted to do a quick pull, I humored him and won....

I'm also a fan of most OEM accessories, so something I installed was the Wind Deflectors, they did a sweet job with making them appear aggressive and go with the lines of the car. I made video going over the installation for them as well.

Initial impressions of the vehicle so far, comfort mode is usually my go to for daily driving, just being in that encourages my mind to have a little less of a lead foot which I feel most of us have. I'm 23 but also a dad and it works for myself and my family!

Check out my youtube channel and subscribe if your interested in just Civic Type R stuff, tomorrow I will be meeting up with two other Type R owners to meet and greet and next week hit the track! Following that it will spend sometime at a well known suspension company for some R&D work!

Stay tuned for more!

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

FullSizeRender 5.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_9648.JPG

IMG_9650.JPG

IMG_9679.JPG

IMG_9680.JPG

IMG_9728.JPG

IMG_9669.JPG
Congrats! Finally!!!

Reactions: ZdH
OP
OP
ZdH

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Bump....Update

OP
OP
ZdH

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Stopped by K sport today to talk with them and be apart of their lifestyle shoot. We talking about some R&D work, they will hold on to my R here for a couple days! More to come!

Honda Civic 10th gen #3522 PMM Build Thread IMG_9841.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen #3522 PMM Build Thread IMG_9847.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen #3522 PMM Build Thread IMG_9856.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen #3522 PMM Build Thread IMG_9867.JPG

OP
OP
ZdH

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update: Yesterday, I tracked the R for the first time yesterday at Honda Musselman Circuit in Tucson AZ and had a blast, we professionally shot and recorded what we hope will be the best review we can and am in the processing of creating the best review we can! Here are my intial Pro's and Con's

Pro's: Breaks are phenomenal! Stops on a dime and allows you to break late incredible, it was a short track we were able to get 6 laps in before break fade took place which was about 45 mins straight.

Suspension is great and we took it over some hard turns and even put it on 3 wheels quite a bit. The dampeners are pretty responsive and the. I think the R would benefit from some stiffer springs as when we break extemey hard you depresses so much and backend gets squirmy.

Cons: TURBO Lag Major, now this is a short track so majority was done in 2nd and 3rd gear with a small straight getting to 4th. I believe the Type r was tested on tracks constantly but not many short ones with few straights.

Heat! People have mixed feelings about the heat after 30mins you saw the water temp rise and it go in to limp mode. I will say this is AZ 99 degrees outside. So I can not thing of any turbo cars that wouldn't have heat problems in that situation. But I will say in general you drive it for 20mins on the highway and pop the hood. It runs extremely hot. The heat just doesn't escape.

More to come!

Honda Civic 10th gen #3522 PMM Build Thread IMG_9993.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen #3522 PMM Build Thread IMG_9994.JPG

PilotZero

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan (totaled) 2017 Type R (#322)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking forward to your review. I'll definitely be visiting that track.
Sponsored