316 hp ....... No thank you .

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
Didn't Honda already say it was lighter than the base LX hatchback?
i think what honda said from my interpretation.. is that
The type R 'BODY' or shell is 18 pounds lighter than the standard hatchback body thanks to structural adhesives and such.
Then after all components are assembled (engine/drivetrain/interior/etc) the car comes in at a total weight 35 pounds less than that of the current type R mainly due to a aluminum hood.
So, that means to me that 2800 pounds is off the table. They've only managed to shave off 35 from the current car, fully assembled, which is no easy task when you consider that it is a larger car to begin with.
cheers
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
the dealership in my area is getting 3 type Rs shipped :headbang: cant wait to test drive!

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
What dealership? And how can they know yet?
Exactly. Every time I read this stuff on the forum I chuckle and say sure... I don't trust any dealership to know what they honestly have when the car isn't finished being built on the assembly line.

WE ARE GETTING 3 TYPE Rs!!! *assembly line has a failure* WE AREN'T GETTING 3 TYPE Rs!!!

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
Exactly. Every time I read this stuff on the forum I chuckle and say sure... I don't trust any dealership to know what they honestly have when the car isn't finished being built on the assembly line.

WE ARE GETTING 3 TYPE Rs!!! *assembly line has a failure* WE AREN'T GETTING 3 TYPE Rs!!!
I mean I don't mind giving people the benefit of the doubt. I would hope that the dealership has an "INSIDE" corporate Honda guy before stating something like this. But seeing that I work at a dealership in sales, and have access to all of the information that every other dealership in the U.S. has. Nothing has been specified as to availability, locates, etc... so I just find it highly doubtful that any dealership has any information what so ever. Especially the number of units they are getting.

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Will test driving one of these even be an option? I think it would be a waste of the dealer's time. If someone won't buy without a test drive, there's 100 waiting that will. I sure wouldn't want to add miles as a dealer. Even or especially with employees.
That was going to be my 2nd question lol. But i figured I'd start with which dealership told him this so that I can call them and figure out if they actually have that information or not. But yeah I'm sure eventually this will be a vehicle that you can test drive before you buy, but for the first few months to a year I highly doubt it. I know most dealerships do a credit application first on some of the sports cars to eliminate people looking to joy ride.

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
That was going to be my 2nd question lol. But i figured I'd start with which dealership told him this so that I can call them and figure out if they actually have that information or not. But yeah I'm sure eventually this will be a vehicle that you can test drive before you buy, but for the first few months to a year I highly doubt it. I know most dealerships do a credit application first on some of the sports cars to eliminate people looking to joy ride.
I'm a the weirdo that likes to see the car delivered and be the first person (outside of the guy backing it off the truck) to drive it... Literally RIGHT after that I'll let anyone on the planet drive my cars lol... But I like to the be the first :p No way in hell I'd buy a test drove performance car from the dealership.

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm a the weirdo that likes to see the car delivered and be the first person (outside of the guy backing it off the truck) to drive it... Literally RIGHT after that I'll let anyone on the planet drive my cars lol... But I like to the be the first :p No way in hell I'd buy a test drove performance car from the dealership.
I've had plenty of customers like this, doesnt make you a weirdo. Just means you like to be more involved and have a true sense of ownership! I'm the same way, and will be when my Type R gets here! :thumbsup:

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

Berlin city Honda, Portland Maine. and that's possible. but the words they use were " we ordered 3, they should be getting in towards the end of summer"

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Berlin city Honda, Portland Maine. and that's possible. but the words they use were " we ordered 3, they should be getting in towards the end of summer"
They say that to not make you pissed.
Dealer: "Hey your car will be here May 10"
[May 10 gets here]
Dealer: "Sorry sir, there has been a delay, new arrival date, July 15"
[July 15th]
Dealer: "I really apologize sir, it has been delayed again, new date Sep 10"

Different scenario

Dealer: "It arrives end of summer",
[May 10 arrives]
Dealer: "Good news sir, your car arrives tomorrow"
You: "Awesome! You guys are awesome!".

You tell them longer, so when they get it in sooner, you look like a miracle worker...../Scotty "Star Trek"

Edit: Changed the formatting so it is easier to read than from posting from my phone.

Last edited:

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
No they don't... They put the car on a scale and weight it.
Latest EU definition of "mass in running order" (curb weight) according to 1230/2012/EEC:
  • "the mass of the vehicle, with its fuel tank(s) filled to at least 90 % of its or their capacity/ies, including the mass of the driver, of the fuel and liquids, fitted with the standard equipment in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and, when they are fitted, the mass of the bodywork, the cabin, the coupling and the spare wheel(s) as well as the tools"

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
i think what honda said from my interpretation.. is that
The type R 'BODY' or shell is 18 pounds lighter than the standard hatchback body thanks to structural adhesives and such.
Then after all components are assembled (engine/drivetrain/interior/etc) the car comes in at a total weight 35 pounds less than that of the current type R mainly due to a aluminum hood.
So, that means to me that 2800 pounds is off the table. They've only managed to shave off 35 from the current car, fully assembled, which is no easy task when you consider that it is a larger car to begin with.
cheers
Subtract 75kg (the driver) from the EU curb weight to get US curb weight. But you may have to add back some structural supports for US crash standards.

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
Subtract 75kg (the driver) from the EU curb weight to get US curb weight. But you may have to add back some structural supports for US crash standards.
im not sure what your trying to tell me...i don't know what the confirmed weight will be of the car as it hasn't really been released yet, only the weight reduction comments listed on the honda website.
Sponsored