3 annoying things Honda cant or wont fix ....

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
1.Touring subwoofer rattle.. they tried 3 times and know its there but wont do anything else till Honda comes out with official fix. About to just go to stereo shop, but why should I have to pay for a fix on a brand new car??
2. Car making a grinding noise when started on a warm engine. Honda says they cant duplicate, which is BS
3. Compressor making a high pitch whirling noise while driving when either heat or AC is on. Honda says its normal, BS
Sponsored

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
#1. Try another dealership. For real. My second one and they replaced the entire rear deck due to "warping". The noise is gone. They're being lazy and don't want to fix it. If they've replicated it, they have an obligation to fix it. Push them.

#2. Right there with you. Been to theee dealerships. All three heard it and all three said it was normal slash the fuel pump. I absolutely do not believe this. My 2013 made the exact same noise on cold starts and it was the VTC actuator. All dealerships assured me it's not the VTC actuator, but the fuel pump and its operating as normal. I will not be letting this go over the next two years.

#3. Normal. Trust me. Every Civic I've owned since 2006 made a ton of noise when the AC kicked on or while coming to a stop after driving. This one actually sounds cool compared to the overworked computer fan of the last few I've owned.

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Taking the car in Monday to see if they can fix the grinding noise. Hopefully they can replicate it does it all the time.
They won't because they are still not sure what causes it. They may acknowledge it but as of right now there is no fix

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe 1.5T WOP
They won't because they are still not sure what causes it. They may acknowledge it but as of right now there is no fix
Going to try.

It ruins having a new car when it grinds like that on start up.

At the very least I just printed out 5 different screen shots of subwoofer rattle fixes on this forum for them to try as well.

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
#1. Try another dealership. For real. My second one and they replaced the entire rear deck due to "warping". The noise is gone. They're being lazy and don't want to fix it. If they've replicated it, they have an obligation to fix it. Push them.

#2. Right there with you. Been to theee dealerships. All three heard it and all three said it was normal slash the fuel pump. I absolutely do not believe this. My 2013 made the exact same noise on cold starts and it was the VTC actuator. All dealerships assured me it's not the VTC actuator, but the fuel pump and its operating as normal. I will not be letting this go over the next two years.

#3. Normal. Trust me. Every Civic I've owned since 2006 made a ton of noise when the AC kicked on or while coming to a stop after driving. This one actually sounds cool compared to the overworked computer fan of the last few I've owned.
I work for Audi dealership and we have Honda part of our dealer group. I've worked with some of those guys for over 20 years. The confirmed that a field tech is willing to take a car apart and look at it but not mine cuz it's been torn apart 2-3 times already. So just waiting.
The fan is annoying as fuck. Whirling is so loud. A guy in another thread on this stated they fixed his the other day so monitoring that thread to see long term.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I work for Audi dealership and we have Honda part of our dealer group. I've worked with some of those guys for over 20 years. The confirmed that a field tech is willing to take a car apart and look at it but not mine cuz it's been torn apart 2-3 times already. So just waiting.
The fan is annoying as fuck. Whirling is so loud. A guy in another thread on this stated they fixed his the other day so monitoring that thread to see long term.
I hear ya man. I've had decent luck with this one. The 2010, 2012, and 2013 models I owned had fans that made an almost squeaky bike chattering noise whenever it was cold. It was unbearable. Had them replaced numerous times only to have it come back after a few thousand miles.

I'd be very curious if your buddies have had any cars come in with the grinding at start up. I cannot fathom how this isn't harmful to the car. Mine does it constantly in the heat and aside from being embarrassing, I really worry about what it's doing to the car.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag

#3 is normal.. New high efficiency compressor technology or some crap

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I hear ya man. I've had decent luck with this one. The 2010, 2012, and 2013 models I owned had fans that made an almost squeaky bike chattering noise whenever it was cold. It was unbearable. Had them replaced numerous times only to have it come back after a few thousand miles.

I'd be very curious if your buddies have had any cars come in with the grinding at start up. I cannot fathom how this isn't harmful to the car. Mine does it constantly in the heat and aside from being embarrassing, I really worry about what it's doing to the car.

Yep. Mine makes exact same noise.

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe 1.5T WOP
Yep. Mine makes exact same noise.
Exact same noise. I'm going to show the Honda techs this thread. It's not the first I've seen. And I'm going to ask how this many people can have the exact same problem and there is no recall/fix out for it.

I agree it doesn't sound good for the car. I want it gone.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
It's loud and annoying. Normal my ass
Urs might be loud and annoying.. But from the description.. Mine sounds that way and is not loud or annoying.. Soo your point was? Is this one of those second place gets first place trophies things? I dont understand...

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
#3 is normal.. New high efficiency compressor technology or some crap
I mean to me it doesn't bother me. Kinda sounds high tech like a turbo spooling up or something haha. As long as the fan is quiet on the inside it's all I care about. And for the most part, it's silent compared to my last few Civics, which honestly sounded like a squeaky wheel.

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I mean to me it doesn't bother me. Kinda sounds high tech like a turbo spooling up or something haha. As long as the fan is quiet on the inside it's all I care about. And for the most part, it's silent compared to my last few Civics, which honestly sounded like a squeaky wheel.
I can hear it inside the car with radio on. It's annoying

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Taking the car in Monday to see if they can fix the grinding noise. Hopefully they can replicate it does it all the time.
so what did they say?? haven't heard back from you. Did they tell you its "normal", or they cant duplicate it at this time? seems to be the only answer I get from them on any of this.
Sponsored