2018 Civic Type R: facts guide

mralexc

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si HFP 2014
Two dealers her in SoCaL have them listed online at $35k... but then when I actually spoke to them today they both have ADM of almost $5,000. Sucks. I'm really considering getting a new STI instead just because of this. It's not just the ADM, it's how I feel as a consumer being forced to overpay and also be treated like I'm stupid... things like a $39 charge for wrapping the floor mats in plastic wrap, or the $499 paint treatment that is basically just a wax (I confimed it's NOT a ceramic/Opticoat/sealant of any kind).
Same thing happened to me in Canada,Quebec. I am here in the same dealer for 6 years and bought one civic lx and one civic SI HFP. My saleman told me that if i wanted the ctr it will be at the MSRP but...with 5000 $ of accessories. I sold the SI and got the new STI at 2000$ lower than the MSRP.
Sponsored

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
Agreed. The CTR already has different front and rear bumpers compared to the base models. I think the SI will follow the base model refresh.
I recall the Integra mid-model refreshes being incorporated into the ITR. I expect any Civic refresh will incorporate a reduction in the black honeycomb pieces which are shared with the Type R so I feel it's a good bet all Civic variants receive some cosmetic changes in 2019.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I recall the Integra mid-model refreshes being incorporated into the ITR. I expect any Civic refresh will incorporate a reduction in the black honeycomb pieces which are shared with the Type R so I feel it's a good bet all Civic variants receive some cosmetic changes in 2019.
The ITR and the base Integra shared the same bumpers. The ITR added a front lip and that was it. That made a mid-year refresh a lot easier/cheaper to do.

The CTR and base Civic have different bumpers, so that's why I'm not sure if the CTR will receive the same mid-year refresh.

If there are changes, I could see them changing a part that's shared with the base Civic, such as the headlamps.

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
The ITR and the base Integra shared the same bumpers. The ITR added a front lip and that was it. That made a mid-year refresh a lot easier/cheaper to do.

The CTR and base Civic have different bumpers, so that's why I'm not sure if the CTR will receive the same mid-year refresh.

If there are changes, I could see them changing a part that's shared with the base Civic, such as the headlamps.
It's all but guaranteed that it will be a mid-cycle refresh. Just look at the 02-05 Civic Si hatchback (EP3). It's the exact same scenario. 02-03 were the same for the release, and then it got a refresh for 04-05 (different headlights, tail lights, bumpers, got side skirts, etc.).

Honda follows the same formula almost every single time, in the US anyway.
Sponsored