First Name
Mr M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Metro
Country flag
I had a dealer with a Gre
The 10th gen UK hatch was the reason why they were able to bring the CTR to North America.

Unless something drastic changes, I don't see Honda discontinuing them for North America. They'll for sure bring less of them after 2018 due to the initial demand dying.
Maybe hatchback sales reduce and they stop shipping car from UK.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RatedR

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag
Same pricing or price increase?
Fact guides don't list pricing. That info won't be released until usually right before the car arrives. Pricing usually increases a bit every year model, prob just a couple hundred bucks.

JayeGee

JaysCTR2528
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 EK HATCH EJ6 & 2017 CTR FK8
Country flag
To everyone commenting about 2019-2020- I'll leave this:
Honda has only confirmed the CTR for 2017-2018 and made mention they would evaluate sales and current market trends to leave the door open to continue producing the CTR beyond 2018. That is all the info you will get from any higher up at Honda corp at this time.
i agree if the CTR was gonna be mass produced then it would be just another honda civic i think it will be a limited run.

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag
i agree if the CTR was gonna be mass produced then it would be just another honda civic i think it will be a limited run.
Is it rude if I hope they stop production after 2018 ? I hope they stop the production so type r can be rare in America, not the same if everyone can get their hands on it.

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
Is it rude if I hope they stop production after 2018 ? I hope they stop the production so type r can be rare in America, not the same if everyone can get their hands on it.
As long as I can get one first. :thumbsup:

canadasiguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Not when you are driving a Golf R w/DSG which is arguably a better overall car for a daily driver. Sorry guys but the R interior is light years ahead of the Type R (more comparable to Audi & BMW than the Type R, Focus RS, and STI that all have mediocre quality interiors) and the DSG equipped R is the fastest straight line car in the segment. The more I drive this car the less getting a Type R is a priority but since I have commitment issues with cars I know I will eventually change things up.
Agreed 100%....the Type R is a nice track car that can be street driven but as a daily, the cheap shiny plastic interior, the lack of basic features and options, the cheesy circa 1990 empty switch plates on the dash, the cheesy empty switch plates on the steering wheel, no volume knob, cheap hard plastic window switches, same basic dash as base civic, wimpy exhaust, fake black vents outside, cheap materials overall, tinny sounding doors when you close them, too Manu mechanical issues already with them....

Do I go on? Oh, and it is stupid to pay that much for a souped up cheap civic.

So much for all the VW haters ragging on the Golf R for quality issues when their Type R's are overheating...

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
Ive worked on audi/vw for 15 years.. the interiors i agree are first class.. but they are far from perfect cars.. they are now using lame ass fake exhaust tips formed in bumper while exhaust is hiding underneath( due to customers complaining about chrome tips getting dirty) everyone praises the dsg on here.. those wonky transmissions having nothing but problems., have to replace those mechatronic modules day in and out for a cheap 3k.i agree with you on the cheap trims etc though, you get more options with german but you also paymore for it. Its a souped up civic.. uh ya.. it still has civic in the name.. great thing about the vw too is that they will pay you mucho bucks or buy your car back in future when they get caught up in a scandal after screwing the public on emissions ., so obviously a better investment. Keeps me busy at work though so i cant complain. truth is golf r is a nicer car in my opinion as well. Id rather get an s3 though.( with my discount it be same as golf r) but ive been a honda fan for a long time , so it was a must.

Ryden1315

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
That's selfish .. but I agree once I get mine. He'll I'll be happy getting the last one

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
The CTR 2018 carryover was already confirmed two weeks ago.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The refresh is coming.. But remember in the past the sedan was refreshed first then coupe followed by the hatch. So I bet the 2018 sedans will see improvements soon. We will find out soon enough in November. :)

LongRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
To everyone commenting about 2019-2020- I'll leave this:
Honda has only confirmed the CTR for 2017-2018 and made mention they would evaluate sales and current market trends to leave the door open to continue producing the CTR beyond 2018. That is all the info you will get from any higher up at Honda corp at this time.
Not exactly. According to Automotive News, Hideki Matsumoto, chief engineer for the Civic model range (who I would consider a "higher up"), says Honda is planning additional versions of the Type R in an effort to broaden its consumer appeal and keep sales fresh. Atop Honda’s list is a more hard-core version of the Type R with more horsepower. Honda also is considering a toned-down version focused more on the grand touring aspect that would broaden the car’s target market. Given that the 2018 Type R has no changes, this means that at the very least they are planning on coming out with a 2019 model, though I grant that is not the same thing as being committed to it. There is more info in the linked article.

Last edited:

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed 100%....the Type R is a nice track car that can be street driven but as a daily, the cheap shiny plastic interior, the lack of basic features and options, the cheesy circa 1990 empty switch plates on the dash, the cheesy empty switch plates on the steering wheel, no volume knob, cheap hard plastic window switches, same basic dash as base civic, wimpy exhaust, fake black vents outside, cheap materials overall, tinny sounding doors when you close them, too Manu mechanical issues already with them....

Do I go on? Oh, and it is stupid to pay that much for a souped up cheap civic.

So much for all the VW haters ragging on the Golf R for quality issues when their Type R's are overheating...
Type R overheating is isolated to a few cars. A guy made 4 runs at buttonwillow a couple days ago, zero overheating issues.

Edit:
Link to track event I mentioned.
Sponsored

Last edited: