2018 Civic begin arriving on dealerships on OCT 3rd

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV EXL, 2004 Acura TSX Manual Previous: 92 Mazda MX6 GT, 93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4, 99 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I just hope they lose the rear fake air vents to make it more similar to the coupes.
Sponsored

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
So Temple of VTEC claims the 1.5T that the Accord is getting has Exhaust VTEC, and its the same engine code that is going in the AWD CR-V. So one can assume the CR-V also will have VTEC(if ToV is correct) I wouldn't be amazed if they took the new VTEC 1.5T engine and added the SI parts and put it in the Si. It would mostly be just a parts swap.

Or ToV is just talking out their asses.

Last edited:

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
So Temple of VTEC claims the 1.5T that the Accord is getting has Exhaust VTEC, and its the same engine code that is going in the AWD CR-V. So one can assume the CR-V also will have VTEC(if ToV is correct) I wouldn't be amazed if they took the new VTEC 1.5T engine and added the SI parts and put it in the Si. It would mostly be just a parts swap.
This would be great but not likely to happen. While I expect small cosmetic changes and bug fixes, egime change will have to wait at least until the next mid-cycle change.

ClemsonPatriot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would honestly hope Honda wouldn't change the Si engine 4 months after it's release. That doesn't make any sense from a production standpoint. Plus if they do, that's a huge middle finger to those of us who pounced immediately after the long awaited arrival.

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Curious to see what the refresh brings for 2019.

I would think same engines, just cosmetic changes.
Hopefully the infotainment system from the 2018 Accord complete with radio knobs!
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Civic begin arriving on dealerships on OCT 3rd 2018-Honda-Accord-2.0T-Touring-centre-console

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
Better late then never....Yea?
I don't understand what all the fuss is about the lack of knobs. And I agree with the 'afterthought' sentiment. If the only control was on the touch screen, then yeah... because that sucks. Steering wheel controls are all I've used in the last two or three vehicles.

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't understand what all the fuss is about the lack of knobs. And I agree with the 'afterthought' sentiment. If the only control was on the touch screen, then yeah... because that sucks. Steering wheel controls are all I've used in the last two or three vehicles.
Have you tired to use the infotainment system in a 10th gen civic? it is not an ideal set up Honda has created. If I could use the steering wheel controls to navigate the audio system to lets say select a different artist and song while using my connected iPod it would be nice, but I can't use the controls on the steering wheel, clicking up and down changes the audio source, left and right changes the current track, so I have to to navigate through several menu's to find what I want, then god forbid I hit a bump or something and select the wrong thing I have to go back to were I started to select again. If it only remembered were I left of instead of starting back with the A's would be very nice. Using a knob to scroll through a menu and then clicking in to select is a MUCH BETTER IDEA.
No to mention on the 17's we lost the ability to simply swipe up an down to adjust the volume, now we have to click up or down. Honda has made a horrible UI system, and its android based!! so it wouldn't be so difficult for a small team to improve upon the UI and simplify the menus a volume knob is a godsend!

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Just got back from the dealership in salem today. No 2018 yet for them.

jian9007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Agreed. This would apply more for the regular Civic s than the SI considering the SI was released only a few months ago.

Hard to believe that the dealerships have no information of the release date. Maybe they were lying to me, LoL.

At this point, I would wait for the 2018 unless there is a huge discount for the 2017 leftover inventory. Even if it is true that there is no change, the resale value will not be the same a few years down the road.
Well, the plus on resale with the 2017 is if you bought one recently like I did (two weeks ago) then you'll actually get more of a mileage bonus in resale, as it will be considered lower mileage since it will be one year older. This normally wouldn't be the case if they had released it last Sept/Oct, but since it's only a few weeks difference in release time, your mileage will be similar, but a 2017 with the mileage compared to a 2018 will be considered lower (as they go by model year and not release date for mileage values). That said, I see how you'd prefer to wait for the 2018. I had already ordered mine in August and picked it up September 15th, and in August no one had any idea when the 2018 would be released, and I was able to get the color I wanted so I wasn't going to wait.

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
They have no idea just like all the other questions I used to ask about up coming products. They are more in the dark than people who google the info :banghead:

The guy spent a good 5 minutes trying to convince me to just go with a 2017 saying I could get a great deal on financing. I told him if that was the only difference between getting a 2017 and 2018 I'd just finance through my bank if they gave me a better deal anyways.

Than he told me there was none of the ones I want available so I'd have to put a deposit down. I told him right from the start what I wanted down to a T. So I asked him if I did can I get a 2017? He then told me it would be a 2018 if I ordered one now. I asked him why we were talking about getting a 2017 than if he didn't even have what I want. After that I just told him I am going to go through costco auto and spent the rest of the time walking the lot with some free coffee from their swanky new coffee machine :doh:

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
jian9007:

I too asked multiple dealerships with no prevail.
I still don't believe that the dealership had no information on the release date.
If the news release is true on the release date, the assembly lines would be all set up already. Oct-3rd is two days away! They should have prepared promotion materials like posters, ads, etc, right?
Sponsored