2017 Sedan v. 2016. What changed?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Based on a quick pass on the website, there doesn't appear to be any difference.

Have you spotted anything? Perhaps one of the dealers here can help out here.

I hope it's more than the model year.
Sponsored

TheCodifier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
There is the availability of the manual transmission in the EX-T trim and the availability of the HD Radio on the EX trim. Those are confirmed from the Honda press releases and information on their website.

Apart from that, there are rumors about a different part number for the headunit and more recently a different part number for the subwoofer in the Touring. Those remain rumors for the moment and might be totally unfunded.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
It has automatic highbeams. 2016 only has auto on/off headlights. Having ridden in a car with automatic highbeams before, I wish mine had that.

TheCodifier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
It has automatic highbeams. 2016 only has auto on/off headlights. Having ridden in a car with automatic highbeams before, I wish mine had that.
I know that the 2017 hatchback has auto highbeams but I'm not sure about the sedan. This is not mentioned in the specs on this document http://hondanews.com/channels/civic...017-honda-civic-sedan-specifications-features as opposed to the hatchback specs http://hondanews.com/channels/civic...honda-civic-hatchback-specifications-features

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag

sidhu2909

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
Last edited:

TheCodifier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I agree with @rhraziel that the exact phrase "LED Headlights with Auto-On / Off (low & high beam)" was used for the 2016 which makes me doubtful that this means Auto-High beams for the 2017.

On the other hand, like @josby mentioned, the 2017 description says "Light up the night with LED headlights with auto on-off functionality. They’ll help you see more of what's on the road while using less energy, can automatically switch between high beams and low beams, and will turn on and off automatically so there’s no more fear of accidentally leaving your lights on."

So in the end, I don't know what's up... We'll have to wait for somebody here to buy the first 2017 sedan or coupe :)
Sponsored