Anthony FK8

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 hatch, 12 civic base, 14 Si, 17 CTR
Country flag
Seems like the best way to adjust front camber is with the pro kit springs and adjustable fk2 ball joint (hopefully the Honda west team offers something later in the future. But, maybe now would be the time to start r&d on something for that platform that works with the oem shocks)

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Seems like the best way to adjust front camber is with the pro kit springs and adjustable fk2 ball joint (hopefully the Honda west team offers something later in the future. But, maybe now would be the time to start r&d on something for that platform that works with the oem shocks)
Unfortunately no adjustable ball joints right now. I know Honda makes them for the FK2, but I'm not sure if that would be compatible with the FK8.

THE! CrazyKiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like trucks coz I'm a truck guy.
Country flag
I'm pretty sure that would be compatible for the FK8 chassis as well.
Si and CTR are different.

Don't forget the built in camber gain on the CTR front suspension, as it sits it doesn't require a ton more static, removing the guide pins and using all of the slot does gain you a little. If you went all out with a different shock/spring package for track use then yes, it would be worth pursuing but to be honest, I haven't checked the clearance between the shock/spring top mount and the tower to see just how much room you have with the stock units. At that point you would be committed to changing practically everything anyway to make it worth it.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag

Don't forget the built in camber gain on the CTR front suspension, as it sits it doesn't require a ton more static, removing the guide pins and using all of the slot does gain you a little. If you went all out with a different shock/spring package for track use then yes, it would be worth pursuing but to be honest, I haven't checked the clearance between the shock/spring top mount and the tower to see just how much room you have with the stock units. At that point you would be committed to changing practically everything anyway to make it worth it.
The hatchback (CTR) chassis and the coupe/sedan (Si) chassis appear to have the identical shock tower setup. That's why I think the 17+ Si camber plates will fit the CTR. They're both running the same global platform. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see a huge difference between the Si and the CTR.

I removed the pins on my CTR and was able to get -1.6 and -1.9 at the front. The shoulders still rolled over on stock tires at 42 psi. I think this car needs at least -2.5 at the front.

CTR:
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Honda Civic Type R Racecar being developed by Team Honda Research 2017-Honda-Civic-Type-R-engine

Si:
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Honda Civic Type R Racecar being developed by Team Honda Research 2017_Honda_Civic_Si_LA_11

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
I removed the pins on my CTR and was able to get -1.6 and -1.9 at the front. The shoulders still rolled over on stock tires at 42 psi. I think this car needs at least -2.5 at the front]
Or the sidewalls of the stock tires are just too soft.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Or the sidewalls of the stock tires are just too soft.
That's probably part of it. It doesn't help when there aren't a lot of tire options at 20". Either way, in stock form, there doesn't appear to be enough front camber even with the pins removed.

OP
OP

Anthony FK8

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 hatch, 12 civic base, 14 Si, 17 CTR
Country flag
The shock towers may be very similar but it's the threaded piston diameter at the top of the hat on the shock that matters the most. The spherical might not fit the threaded shaft. At least from what it seems

THE! CrazyKiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like trucks coz I'm a truck guy.
Country flag

"I haven't checked the clearance between the shock/spring top mount and the tower to see just how much room you have with the stock units."
The hatchback (CTR) chassis and the coupe/sedan (Si) chassis appear to have the identical shock tower setup. That's why I think the 17+ Si camber plates will fit the CTR. They're both running the same global platform. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see a huge difference between the Si and the CTR.

I removed the pins on my CTR and was able to get -1.6 and -1.9 at the front. The shoulders still rolled over on stock tires at 42 psi. I think this car needs at least -2.5 at the front.
It's not that the towers and wheel houses are different it's the suspension struts and mounts themselves, the entire assembly on the CTR is unique. Without measuring it is difficult to tell just how much you would gain even if you increased the slot length.
Sponsored