2017 Honda Civic Type R Racecar being developed by Team Honda Research

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
i see camber plates on that HPD Honda website....but can't buy them unless I'm a member :(

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How's that going btw? Can you share some info such as specs yet?
Not yet but had great results fitting wheels today. Should be able to release specs soon. It's a matter of exclusivity so I hope everyone understands.

OP
OP

Anthony FK8

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 hatch, 12 civic base, 14 Si, 17 CTR
Country flag
@THE! CrazyKiwi told me that this was happening so thank you for this thread. Camber kit please!

How do I get into this exclusive members only access to the OEM Honda/Acura parts because that is a huge deal when it comes to autocrossing with the SCCA.

Back seat removal not so much for me, that puts me back into Street Modified Front wheel drive. But the other things mentioned, wheels and brakes, may be legal. :)
PM Me and I'll send you the right paper works and Honda links and give you the secrets to racing line access!

OP
OP

Anthony FK8

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do they have parts that can be bought by consumers
Only Honda Racing Line members have access to the HPD race parts! I would assume in the months to come companies will come out with their own variations of camber plate and arms, toe adjusters and adjustable endlinks, most likely eibach will jump in, can't say for sure but in the months to come there will likely be lots of aftermarket suspension and performance goodies.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only Honda Racing Line members have access to the HPD race parts! I would assume in the months to come companies will come out with their own variations of camber plate and arms, toe adjusters and adjustable endlinks, most likely eibach will jump in, can't say for sure but in the months to come there will likely be lots of aftermarket suspension and performance goodies.
I can first handidly say yes. Suspension is around the corner...

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
I hope the rays wheel is exact spec as stock wheel except in 18 inch form. I doubt it...

OP
OP

Anthony FK8

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hope the rays wheel is exact spec as stock wheel except in 18 inch form. I doubt it...
I believe Rays has an 18x9 with a 50 offset that's as close to spec, from what I know.

If you're worried about torque steer the thing with scrub radius is that you want it to come close to 0 but not actually 0 or else you'll get squirm which is no bueno lol! But as stated earlier you can get a custom wheel made for the right price in the OEM spec!

But worry not Rays will have the proper measurements in terms of offset and back spacing/over wheel dimensions.

I feel the trade off of torque steer for an extra inch or so of contact patch on a wider wheel (increase in turn in response + reduced sidewall flex) will balance it even if it's an 18x9 or 9.5

The fk8 touring car will likely have to follow the regulations of the sanctioning body so whatever the max wheel diameter and width is allowed along with max tire section width is what the race team will have on their car,

The 9th gen si ST car had double adjustable Penske shocks ($$$$) camber/caster plates, the camber arms, 1 in hollow rear sway bar with blade type arms ($$$$) and its wheel spec was 17x7.5 on a 225 race slick. OS giken clutch type diff, two piece rotor and hat. StopTech BBK (HPD homologation) and lots of other goodies that turned a 22,000 dollar street car into a $40k+ race.

But gotuning unlimited and spoon just picked up their type R so be prepared for spoon parts too!

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
I aint worried about finding a wheel in the right spec. I already have a company in mind to make my wheel in the oem spec.

Just that this guy here says he is making a custom rays wheel or something... but likely another aftermarket wheel that doesnt meet spec, but will fit the car. But if it is in oem spec with rays... that would be amazing and id be interested

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Any news on HPD camber/caster plates and rear camber arms?

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any news on HPD camber/caster plates and rear camber arms?
they unveiled some camber plates for the front at SEMA... I'll have to look for the pictures

OP
OP

Anthony FK8

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don't quote me on this but I believe they only fit the threaded shaft diameter of the bilstein two way shocks they run on the race car. But I'm not 100% positive.
Sponsored