2017 Honda Civic Type R Lug Nut Torque Spec?

atthestripe48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Hey guys,

Brand new here. Sorry if there is already something on this or it is common sense among owners. I have read all through my owners manual and even done some decent online research to figure out what the recommended lug nut torque rating is for the CTR. I could not find anything concrete, but it seems like the common theme is about 85 ft-lb.....Can someone give me a concrete spec on this? Or point me in the right direction in the owners manual that I am missing?
Sponsored

FK_8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR 187
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys,

Brand new here. Sorry if there is already something on this or it is common sense among owners. I have read all through my owners manual and even done some decent online research to figure out what the recommended lug nut torque rating is for the CTR. I could not find anything concrete, but it seems like the common theme is about 85 ft-lb.....Can someone give me a concrete spec on this? Or point me in the right direction in the owners manual that I am missing?
Mine was torqued at 85 ft/lb at Costco when i got my aftermarket wheel mounted/installed.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
95 ft lb according to the Honda wheel lock kit and manual.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Its funny when you call different Honda dealerships around the area, they all have different answers for this question. Not that I don't trust people on this forum but I wanted to see what they would say.
I got answers from 80-95, its crazy, one dealership said 90 and I questioned the guy's reference and it sounded like they got offended and said that he is the top maintenance guy in all of South Florida.
Turns out Manual says 94 lbf x ft (foot pounds), I also called Honda the company directly, and talked to their customer support and they were super nice and gave me the answer of 94 foot pounds as well and was able to reference the manual. Also, every dealership I called was very confused and hard to understand the question. Its like it was the first time anyone asked that. Makes me not trust dealerships even more than before.

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
is it 94 with the OEM lug nuts ... or 94 in general (with any aftermarket lug nut)? I only ask b/c my after lug nuts stated 85 MAX torque.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
is it 94 with the OEM lug nuts ... or 94 in general (with any aftermarket lug nut)? I only ask b/c my after lug nuts stated 85 MAX torque.
good question, also wondering if aluminum versus steel lugs would make a difference on the spec on top of your question?

Sweber104

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2018
Country flag
Its funny when you call different Honda dealerships around the area, they all have different answers for this question. Not that I don't trust people on this forum but I wanted to see what they would say.
I got answers from 80-95, its crazy, one dealership said 90 and I questioned the guy's reference and it sounded like they got offended and said that he is the top maintenance guy in all of South Florida.
Turns out Manual says 94 lbf x ft (foot pounds), I also called Honda the company directly, and talked to their customer support and they were super nice and gave me the answer of 94 foot pounds as well and was able to reference the manual. Also, every dealership I called was very confused and hard to understand the question. Its like it was the first time anyone asked that. Makes me not trust dealerships even more than before.
Dealers are the scum of the earth and nobody can convince me differently and unless someone can tell you what page of what manuel then it’s just hear say. The saying goes “Trust but Verify”

ThunderAGL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 E450, 09 E350, 07 Pacifica, 21 CTR (Saturday)
Country flag
For any others who like myself got the spare tire kit, remember the spare MUST go on the rear. Else you may lunch the LSD with differing diameter wheels.
When I got my ‘14 Si (which comes with a factory spare), the salesperson had no idea of that… and neither did a tech there WHO OWNED ONE.
Having known that from my ‘07 Si, I dug through the manual until I found that statement.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
For any others who like myself got the spare tire kit, remember the spare MUST go on the rear. Else you may lunch the LSD with differing diameter wheels.
When I got my ‘14 Si (which comes with a factory spare), the salesperson had no idea of that… and neither did a tech there WHO OWNED ONE.
Having known that from my ‘07 Si, I dug through the manual until I found that statement.
Thanks so much for this.
Sponsored