2017 Honda Civic EX. Car alarm or not?

CarsOverMotorcycles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I am still not sure after reading articles if the 2017 Honda Civic EX has a car alarm or not built into it as a default/standard feature. I did not buy any extras from the dealer.

If a thief breaks my car windows, will a car alarm turn on? If a thief breaks into the doors when it is locked, with a car alarm turn on? If someone bumps, moves, or hits my vehicle when it is parked, will a car alarm go off?

Thank you!
Sponsored

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
If someone bumps, hits, or moves your car the car alarm will not go off.
If someone smashes your window your car alarm will not go off.
If someone smashes the window then opens your door then the alarm will go off.

OP
OP

CarsOverMotorcycles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
THANK YOU. Basically, if someone opens any of the doors without the key, the car alarm will go off in the EX or higher trims of the 2017 Honda Civic??

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Easy way to test:

Roll down a window.
Shut and lock car - lights should flash indicating alarm is activated.
Move the fob more than 6 feet away from the car.
Reach in open window and unlock/open door - the alarm will sound (horn will start beeping).
Reacquire fob to unlock car to stop horn.

Hood and trunk are also wired to sound alarm if forced open when car is locked.

Also car will not stay running if started without a "registered key". A thief cannot drive away the car without the correct key or fob.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Easy way to test:

Roll down a window.
Shut and lock car - lights should flash indicating alarm is activated.
Move the fob more than 6 feet away from the car.
Reach in open window and unlock/open door - the alarm will sound (horn will start beeping).
Reacquire fob to unlock car to stop horn.

Hood and trunk are also wired to sound alarm if forced open when car is locked.

Also car will not stay running if started without a "registered key". A thief cannot drive away the car without the correct key or fob.
No your wrong about that, once the engine has started(push button start) it will continue to run even without key nearby until the car ispowered off.

So in essence a theif can drive away with a car with a engine running in first place. They just wouldn't beable to turn it on again if they accidently turned it off as they have no keys.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The answer you want: It doesn't come with Alarm you would have to purchase that option from the dealership.
The answer I want to say: If Chuck Norris side kicked your car and you did not hear it, you won't have a car.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
THANK YOU. Basically, if someone opens any of the doors without the key, the car alarm will go off in the EX or higher trims of the 2017 Honda Civic??
That's basically how most factory alarm works.

That's why find them useless. Frankly they're just annoying when they go off and no one really cares.

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
No your wrong about that, once the engine has started(push button start) it will continue to run even without key nearby until the car ispowered off.

So in essence a theif can drive away with a car with a engine running in first place. They just wouldn't beable to turn it on again if they accidently turned it off as they have no keys.
Ive noticed that if I leave my EXT running then go inside and return without the key a message if flashing that no key is present.Not sure what will happen if it's driven though.

OP
OP

CarsOverMotorcycles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
That's basically how most factory alarm works.

That's why find them useless. Frankly they're just annoying when they go off and no one really cares.
Another question: Do ALL new cars nowadays have factory alarms installed?

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

The response was intended to address the original question which was if car was locked and alarmed...
I assumed it was not running, which should only happen with a remote start - the alarm should still go off if the doors are forced open.
Then on the other hand, if someone just breaks out a window and crawls in without opening a door they could drive off without the alarm sounding. etc, etc

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
The response was intended to address the original question which was if car was locked and alarmed...
I assumed it was not running, which should only happen with a remote start - the alarm should still go off if the doors are forced open.
Then on the other hand, if someone just breaks out a window and crawls in without opening a door they could drive off without the alarm sounding. etc, etc
I don't think the car lets you drive if you don't have the key with you if you started the car remotely.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Ya learned this the hard way.. Always thought the car getti g hit would trip the alarm.. Not on my civic but my neighbor backed into my wifes accord last week and left a pretty large dent.. F$$$$$ wont own up to it..
Sponsored