2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends

cdmta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Lunar Silver
Country flag
It is not available on the hatchback whatsoever and that is by design from my understanding!
That sounds silly to me. Same infotainment, same button. I need to look. Working at the moment.Edit: ok, i got some pics. See this in settings/system?
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends vol1
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends vol2

Last edited:

Z3r0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Ex
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends 20170219_094118
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends 20170219_095417

Nothing in the settings on the hatch. Is it really the same button though? Seems too cheap of plastic to be touch sensitive

Guardian7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatchback, 2015 CR-V EX
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same thing happen. TPMS light came on, took to the dealer cause I actually suspected the sensor, and had 60 and 55! The guy asked me why I pumped them up so much and didn't believe me that I hadn't touched them. Thank goodness it's the dead of winter.
My 2017 Sport Hatch came filled with Nitrogen filled tires, you should either have green valve stem caps or silver Nitro-fill caps to indicate the tires should be serviced with N2. If you have low profile tires you want pure N2 in them because of the smaller volume and it has many additional benefits. I had a rim replaced on my 2015 Honda SI after a car side swiped me and the Tire shop used regular air which caused my TPS System to go crazy after 15 minutes of driving since the other tires had N2, I went straight to the Honda dealer and told them what happened, they hooked all four tires at once to a fancy machine that sucked out the air and refilled the tires until the N2 purity measured within spec again, once they had finished they charged me $29 for the procedure, that car did not come with the Nitrofill membership which provides free top-offs and that car went for 2 years before needing a top-off. Our 2017 Sport Hatch came with a free membership to Nitrofill http://www.nitrofill.com/

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
My 2017 Sport Hatch came filled with Nitrogen filled tires, you should either have green valve stem caps or silver Nitro-fill caps to indicate the tires should be serviced with N2. If you have low profile tires you want pure N2 in them because of the smaller volume and it has many additional benefits. I had a rim replaced on my 2015 Honda SI after a car side swiped me and the Tire shop used regular air which caused my TPS System to go crazy after 15 minutes of driving since the other tires had N2, I went straight to the Honda dealer and told them what happened, they hooked all four tires at once to a fancy machine that sucked out the air and refilled the tires until the N2 purity measured within spec again, once they had finished they charged me $29 for the procedure, that car did not come with the Nitrofill membership which provides free top-offs and that car went for 2 years before needing a top-off. Our 2017 Sport Hatch came with a free membership to Nitrofill http://www.nitrofill.com/
Snakeoil..... Dealers have signs for nitrogen.. Take apart the machine and what do you find... A regular air compressor... No nitrogen anywere...

Guardian7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatchback, 2015 CR-V EX
Vehicle Showcase
Snakeoil..... Dealers have signs for nitrogen.. Take apart the machine and what do you find... A regular air compressor... No nitrogen anywere...
Do you work at a dealership that has one of these machines?

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Not currently but i did for about 5 years

Tonarinojim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Interesting. Standard caps on mine and the Light has been fine since they put in the correct pressure. But there was a lot of confusion about the Sport at the dealer for some reason. May call them tomorrow just to double check. Thanks.

midengine driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport , 2019 Buick Encore AWD, Sold 3800SC Fiero had a few Fieros
Country flag
Interesting. Standard caps on mine and the Light has been fine since they put in the correct pressure. But there was a lot of confusion about the Sport at the dealer for some reason. May call them tomorrow just to double check. Thanks.

midengine driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport , 2019 Buick Encore AWD, Sold 3800SC Fiero had a few Fieros
Country flag
Several weeks after I purchased my sport hatch the light came on. I checked the tires after I got home and was I surprised they all were set at 49 PSI. I lowered the pressure to 45 for a while but changed it to 48. Car seems to handle great so I am leaving them alone.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Several weeks after I purchased my sport hatch the light came on. I checked the tires after I got home and was I surprised they all were set at 49 PSI. I lowered the pressure to 45 for a while but changed it to 48. Car seems to handle great so I am leaving them alone.
I don't know what the spec is but that sounds way too high from my expieriences.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It works so I am running with it
I believe you are about 35% higher than what Honda specifies. It should be marked in your door jamb and of course in the manual. The spec is set for a reason. Just trying to help out. :thumbsup:

midengine driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I believe you are about 35% higher than what Honda specifies. It should be marked in your door jamb and of course in the manual. The spec is set for a reason. Just trying to help out. :thumbsup:
I am very aware of the sticker and all that manufactures recommend. I sold vehicles for over 36 years. I was informing others that the 2017 Hatch Sport feels good at 45ish. It handles very good in tight corners, doesn't ride harsh. The all season Continentals handle very well for OEM tires. Almost as well as the Continental Extreme Contact DW summer tires I had on my Fiero.
Sponsored