'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag

GeoUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Is your volume control on the steering wheel touch sensitive in the center? Mine only functions when the + or - ends are pressed. I am wondering if mine is not working properly or if Honda decided to remove the touch sensitive feature in 2017.

Edit - just noticed someone above me asking this too. Watching a CR-V video yesterday started me wondering since it has touch sensitive volume on the wheel. In researching I see Edmunds complained they accidentally changed volume too often on the 2016 due to the touch sensitive button's location.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chard31

chard31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
In researching I see Edmunds complained they accidentally changed volume too often on the 2016 due to the touch sensitive button's location.
So Honda should have just made it so the user can leave the swipe feature on or off...

If it's already there and working on previous models, then it makes no sense to totally just disable the swipe feature...

Yosemite Sam

Honda was my first car brand and probably my last!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I actually took my hatch back to the dealer since the sales guy told me the volume control on the steering wheel was touch sensitive. They actually went in the system and pulled a bulletin out and showed me that it was not touch sensitive in this Hatch model, you have to use the +/-.

It's always interesting when you end up teaching the sales guy something new!

cdmta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Lunar Silver
Country flag
There is an option to turn off swipe gesture on volume control. Wonder if that's off.

Yosemite Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
On the Hatchback?
Can you take a pic of where it is please?
It is not available on the hatchback whatsoever and that is by design from my understanding!

Yosemite Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
That is my understanding too BUT you should have quoted cdmta and not me...

LoL
Well you asked the question like you legitimately thought he had an answer so I was again clarifying there will be no setting to take a photo of on the hatchback, that is all.

Last edited:

OP
OP
chard31

chard31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
Well you asked the question like you legitimately thought he had an answer so I was again clarifying there will be no setting to take a photo of on the hatchback, that is all.
Who knows?
Maybe he found the super secret switch that we all missed!
I figured it couldn't hurt to ask him to back up his statement...

Yosemite Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Who knows?
Maybe he found the super secret switch that we all missed!
I figured it couldn't hurt to ask him to back up his statement...
Well, I will cross my fingers that is the case but since he says he drives a Prius I am not holding my breath ;)

Tonarinojim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Not sure if it's the exhaust note or the CVT, but my hatch makes a noticeable growl sound when accelerating. Does your hatch do this? A friend says my car sounds like a truck approaching. :doh: I definitely did not notice the sound in the sedan I test drove. I love the car and the growl is kinda sporty -- just wanted to make sure it is not a potential mechanical or exhaust problem.[/QUOT
I have the 2017 Sport and it's very quiet. When stopped I do hear a very quiet modulating...purr? Boy that looks weird on screen. I don't mind it, but haven't heard anything like it before. Anyone else noticed this?

Tonarinojim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes I have. I did it progressively darker, from the front to the back, however I am finding it very hard to see backing up at night. I also find the rear defroster doesn't work all that well, not sure if the tint is causing it or not.
I did 35% on back seat windows, hatch and visor strip. It's an improvement but would highly recommend 20%. Don't love the way headlights look from behind through the tint, kind of a glare effect.
If you do a visor strip on the front window I'd recommend limo if you're allowed where you live. The dark patch (wires?) that comes down from the roof to the rear view mirror doesn't look good showing through the lighter tint.

Tonarinojim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) came on so I checked all four tires and found that they all had exactly 51 PSI...
WDF?
I guess I should have checked the tire pressure when I bought the car 3 weeks ago but it's been cold and I was busy and lazy at the same time...
I lowered all four to 40 PSI since the tire itself says MAX - 51 PSI and the door jam says 32 PSI so I went in between...
I reset the TPMS...
After 2 days the TPMS came on again!
I checked all the tires again and they were all exactly the same 40 PSI as I left them...
Strangeeee...
I had the same thing happen. TPMS light came on, took to the dealer cause I actually suspected the sensor, and had 60 and 55! The guy asked me why I pumped them up so much and didn't believe me that I hadn't touched them. Thank goodness it's the dead of winter.
Sponsored