2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
Yep, wasn't sure if it looked to big. Here's Hondas stock pic of the white. Also did you do yourself? Looks like two bolts and probably some double sided tape.

IMG_6837.PNG
I'll be honest: I went to the Honda dealer because they ordered it for me. I asked to get a better price for install since they ordered it..so they changed 1hour labor for the spoiler and the door trim
Sponsored

paid2play

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Honda Hatchback Sport
Anyone know how the "gloss black" trim color compares to the the "black" that the Plastic Dip produces. For instance, if i was to plastic dip the the chrome piece in the above picture^^^^, how close would the two blacks be? Ive never seen plastic dip up close but my idea of it is that its a matte finish. Can someone help me out here..

OP
OP
chard31

chard31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
Has anyone attempted to successfully remove the two stickers on the sunvisors on the GenX Civics yet?

I would rather do it now before the car bakes in the summer sun...

I searched for a thread about this here but couldn't find any...

Perhaps a new thread about this or just leave it here?

MinhQP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone figure out a good way to store your sunglasses yet?
I installed these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/272429394942

It can fit regular Ray-Ban wayfarer style sunglasses perfectly but for larger sunglasses it may stick out a little. I have some bigger ones that kind of peek out the top about 0.5cm but you can't tell when its up against the headliner.

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did this to my hatch, still looking at doing the doors but need some double sided tape gap was alittle big on doors. Interior looks good with the red gauges/radio and red interior glow light at night.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends IMG_6859.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends IMG_6860.JPG

GeoUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Not sure if it's the exhaust note or the CVT, but my hatch makes a noticeable growl sound when accelerating. Does your hatch do this? A friend says my car sounds like a truck approaching. :doh: I definitely did not notice the sound in the sedan I test drove. I love the car and the growl is kinda sporty -- just wanted to make sure it is not a potential mechanical or exhaust problem.

Last edited:

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mines not loud at all, I'm hoping a cold air intake wakes it up.

huangd79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know how the "gloss black" trim color compares to the the "black" that the Plastic Dip produces. For instance, if i was to plastic dip the the chrome piece in the above picture^^^^, how close would the two blacks be? Ive never seen plastic dip up close but my idea of it is that its a matte finish. Can someone help me out here..
Yes, it's matte finish. You can definitly tell when you look at it up close. The smoothness of the coat also makes a big difference, especially with light hitting it from different angles. My first ever plasti dip job was blacking out the door trims, and I did a OK job but could certainly be better. You can watch as many youtube videos as you want, and I recommend that you do before doing it yourself, but you'll need some practice to get good. The good thing is you can always peel it off if you mess up. If the matte finish really bothers you, you can try the plasti dip glossifier. It's supposed to make it gloosy, but I am happy with the matte finish as is. Stand back a few feet and it all looks good :) Here is my car. Can you tell which parts have been dipped :)

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends Studio_20170119_225150

Last edited:
OP
OP
chard31

chard31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
My Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) came on so I checked all four tires and found that they all had exactly 51 PSI...
WDF?
I guess I should have checked the tire pressure when I bought the car 3 weeks ago but it's been cold and I was busy and lazy at the same time...
I lowered all four to 40 PSI since the tire itself says MAX - 51 PSI and the door jam says 32 PSI so I went in between...
I reset the TPMS...
After 2 days the TPMS came on again!
I checked all the tires again and they were all exactly the same 40 PSI as I left them...
Strangeeee...
Sponsored