2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends

17Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CRV EXL AWD; 18 CRV EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea so do I hopefully this cvt in this generation can hold some good power kinda regretting not going with the MT
I had a Nissan Rogue the 1st year they had CVTs. Transmission went out at 80K miles. Nissan covered replacement even though it was out of warranty. The CVT in the hatch is a vast improvement--very smoothe. It has plenty of pep for me. Love driving it! I've yet to see another on the road. Have you?
Sponsored

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
I had a Nissan Rogue the 1st year they had CVTs. Transmission went out at 80K miles. Nissan covered replacement even though it was out of warranty. The CVT in the hatch is a vast improvement--very smoothe. It has plenty of pep for me. Love driving it! I've yet to see another on the road. Have you?
Hi she.. Lol sorry but ur username doesnt give a clue. But nice to see a girl on a forum like this.. Not many around...

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
There is someone in my town with a modern steel hatch.. Ive also seen a sonic grey.. Damn i love that color.. But it had new york plates

jalex4109

Mr.hatcherson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback ex cvt
No i haven't either and yea before this is had the mustang 2.3l turbo I had it tuned CIA new intacooler race springs full exhaust had the the car abusing v8s so I'm hungry for speed lmao I even searched for manual transmissions swaps for the Cvt to mt haha but I enjoy it power all the time plus the hatch is fun for camping or just at the beach with someone can relax in the back

17Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CRV EXL AWD; 18 CRV EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Watching the Steelers/Dolphins play-off game. Saw my first Hatch commercial (the angry robot version posted a while back on another forum).

lem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996-ESi, 1992-Camry, 2006-Lancer, 2017-EX Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Watching the Steelers/Dolphins play-off game. Saw my first Hatch commercial (the angry robot version posted a while back on another forum).
Watching and saw the ad too!

Christo69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI Sedan, 17 Lexus NX 200T
Country flag
The dealership will off you the clear 3m plastic film that is hardly visible that will provide some protection. I have never had one before, but I know it wouldn't stop a decent size rock from chipping something. That being said, I assume it does a pretty good job. Seeing them on cars, you can barely see it too.

If you are doing a long road trip, buying a car bra might be the way to go. Others will have to chime in though.

I've had the 3M "Clear Bra" on all of my vehicles and they are worth the money. I've even ha a decent sized rock wrinkle the bra but never penetrate or damage the paint. You can apply it to almost any forward facing surface i.e., bumper, headights, fog lights, first few inches on the roof, front of mirrors and my favorite, door handles (on the inside) so fingernails, like my wife's, don't marr/damage/scratch the paint. :)

Schatzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Feb 17 is when I turn in my Jetta and offically need to find my hatchback. In the meantime I need to figure out who to protect the front end from debris/bugs from my daily highway commute... Not sure what my options are but was thinking I might need to go with a bra style cover.. Any suggestions?
I had a bra on the hood and front bumper, my 2000 Civic. It was a pain in the neck to maintain, to keep clean, to take on and off, lots of dirt got behind the bra, it just wasn't worth it.

rkindel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback, 2010 Mazda MX-5 GT
Just want to comment on the sound quality in my EX. Highs are clean and detailed, midrange full and open and the bass is tight and deep. No sub woofer needed IMO. The whole listening experience is so much better due to the overall quietness of the car. Really allows the nuances to shine thru. Was not expecting this from a car in this price range.

midengine driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport , 2019 Buick Encore AWD, Sold 3800SC Fiero had a few Fieros
Country flag
Wanted to create a thread just for the Hatchback that pertains to, well, 'This & That - Odds & Ends'...
Share ideas, first thoughts, things to buy, things to modify, things to organize, bla, bla, bla...
I see there are many 'specialized' threads and that's great but to have a 'generalized' thread seems good too...

So post your thoughts, ideas, opinions and whatever else that pertains to the 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback...

Thanks...
Picked up Sport last week. I noticed on the web site it lists the sport as having lighted visor vanity mirrors yet mine does not. Also notice the headlights are not very bright. My 87 Fiero that I just sold has brighter headlights. The engine sounds like a Subaru boxer engine. I had to leave my car at the dealer today to fix a small dent that was in it when I picked it up. The salesperson gave me her demo. A base Accord. It has the 2.4L engine, I wonder why Honda didnt put that engine in the sport hatchback?

Last edited:
OP
OP
chard31

chard31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
I see I already want to put something down on top of the plastic strip by the front door.
After awhile, it looks like it will be taking a beating from getting in and out of the car...

Chance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
I've had the 3M "Clear Bra" on all of my vehicles and they are worth the money. I've even ha a decent sized rock wrinkle the bra but never penetrate or damage the paint. You can apply it to almost any forward facing surface i.e., bumper, headights, fog lights, first few inches on the roof, front of mirrors and my favorite, door handles (on the inside) so fingernails, like my wife's, don't marr/damage/scratch the paint. :)
I am not familiar with a "Clear Bra". Do you have a photo of it on the car?

midengine driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport , 2019 Buick Encore AWD, Sold 3800SC Fiero had a few Fieros
Country flag
No I have not seem any. We have 2 Honda dealers in town. It looks like I am the first at the dealership where I got mine. They had a manual which is what I wanted but supposedly it was sold. Two weeks later I have to stop at the dealer and they still have it and the other CVT also. Hmmmmm.

stayninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Picked up Sport last week. I noticed on the web site it lists the sport as having lighted visor vanity mirrors yet mine does not. Also notice the headlights are not very bright. My 87 Fiero that I just sold has brighter headlights. The engine sounds like a Subaru boxer engine. I had to leave my car at the dealer today to fix a small dent that was in it when I picked it up. The salesperson gave me her demo. A base Accord. It has the 2.4L engine, I wonder why Honda didnt put that engine in the sport hatchback?
you're gonna need some LED headlights! I got the OPT7 LED Fluxbeam X, and man they change the whole look of the car! they match the DRLs perfectly!
Sponsored