2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Has anyone found a good spot to store the tonneau extension that snaps on the hatch? I thought it may fit where the spare tire goes but nope.
Never tried it yet, but i think that if you have to remove it and also drop the seatbacks at the same time, you can sandwich it between the seatback and seat cushion, so then you can still use the rear floorspace for anything. could be wrong though.
Sponsored

BirchyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T 6MT
Never tried it yet, but i think that if you have to remove it and also drop the seatbacks at the same time, you can sandwich it between the seatback and seat cushion, so then you can still use the rear floorspace for anything. could be wrong though.
I thought about that, but it has little protrusions that may not be good for the fabric. Right now, it's just vertical between the headrest and the front seat.

dragynslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport w/ HS
Country flag
Well if you want a brighter light, then according to many posters, LED's are not the way to go - you'd need the actual HID upgrade. Apparently the LED retrofit bulbs throw is even less than the stock halogens. But since I only really drive in the well-lit city areas, I'm really only doing this for the cosmetic aspect. Paragon of public safety I am.

This post is turning dangerously close to "what did you do to your civic today" forum, but I also replaced the brake, reverse and rear turns with LED as well and I couldn't be happier. As for the interior lighting, I'm probably the only person I know of who actually likes the dim, warm glow of the stock halogens. It makes me feel comfortable when I enter my car at night :)
good stuff! where did you buy all your LED lights for the brake, reverse and rear turns? was it easy to install?

Milo & Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
good stuff! where did you buy all your LED lights for the brake, reverse and rear turns? was it easy to install?
Brake Lights: Amazon.ca
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00P2D418M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reverse: Amazon.ca These are pretty expensive, so see if you can find them somewhere else for cheap.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01I3OTWQ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Turns: iJDMtoy U.S. I ordered these, but had them deliver for free to my sister company in the US and a coworker who travels there a lot brought them back for me, so in your case, you'd have to pay for shipping unfortunately.
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Error-Free-CREE-High-Power-7440-LED-Bulbs-p/20-009.htm

To remove the rear light clusters, open the hatch and there are 2 screws to remove. But it's still held in place by 2 plastic pegs near the pointy corner inboard. Just take a deep breath and pull gently but firmly out toward the side of the car.

Milo & Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
I thought about that, but it has little protrusions that may not be good for the fabric. Right now, it's just vertical between the headrest and the front seat.
Now I'm thinking of the suggestion that Chard31 gave me earlier about my socket set...

Maybe you could put a few pieces of velcro at the four corners of the tonneau, and simply stick it to the roof over the rear seats! :lol:

BirchyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now I'm thinking of the suggestion that Chard31 gave me earlier about my socket set...

Maybe you could put a few pieces of velcro at the four corners of the tonneau, and simply stick it to the roof over the rear seats! :lol:
Yeah, that could work. I may just leave it at home unless I'm planning to put something super secret in the back!

dragynslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
so i'm wondering, why does the honda civic 'sport' in Canada vary so much to the US sport model. In Canada, we only have 3 trims (LX, Sport and Sport Touring). Looking at the specs of the US models, the Canadian Sport model looks basically like the US version of the EX + Sport if combined. If I was in the US, I think i'd prefer to have a model that has the features of the EX, but the looks of the Sport!

BirchyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so i'm wondering, why does the honda civic 'sport' in Canada vary so much to the US sport model. In Canada, we only have 3 trims (LX, Sport and Sport Touring). Looking at the specs of the US models, the Canadian Sport model looks basically like the US version of the EX + Sport if combined. If I was in the US, I think i'd prefer to have a model that has the features of the EX, but the looks of the Sport!
That is exactly what I wanted. But I chose tech over center exhaust.

bmbpenguin

Brian
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2007 Odyssey, 2003 Accord EX-V6
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is exactly what I wanted. But I chose tech over center exhaust.
I went just the opposite. I already have a loaded Accord, so I was looking for a more sporty fun to drive car. I will say, having a mid-range available in the US for the Sport would've been nice. I might've opted for the upgraded tech on the Sport. Wasn't going all the way to the Touring version though.

dragynslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I went just the opposite. I already have a loaded Accord, so I was looking for a more sporty fun to drive car. I will say, having a mid-range available in the US for the Sport would've been nice. I might've opted for the upgraded tech on the Sport. Wasn't going all the way to the Touring version though.
I'm happy with the Sport model in Canada. Get all the cool looks of the Sport, but some of the key things I wanted from an EX trim (sunroof, pushbutton/keyless entry, honda lanewatch, variable wipers) and added honda sensing. but like you, i couldn't justify the $3-$4k more for the sport touring. though the led lights look nice and in Canada, the sonic gray only comes in that trim

Milo & Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch

spicy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatch Sport Touring 6SP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm happy with the Sport model in Canada. Get all the cool looks of the Sport, but some of the key things I wanted from an EX trim (sunroof, pushbutton/keyless entry, honda lanewatch, variable wipers) and added honda sensing. but like you, i couldn't justify the $3-$4k more for the sport touring. though the led lights look nice and in Canada, the sonic gray only comes in that trim
I loved the SGP so much, along with the added features, I was ok spending the extra few thousand.

omigulay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport hatchback
Yup that was my reasoning, please I didn't want to wait until the sport touring arrive...

njax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Yup. I tinted all around 30%
IMG_2378.JPG
Hey I was wondering if you had any problems after you got the back window tinted? I've been calling around to get quotes on tints and most places were talking about an extra fee because they have to take off the back spoiler. Do you know if they took off your spoiler to do yours?
Sponsored