2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends

chard31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
Wanted to create a thread just for the Hatchback that pertains to, well, 'This & That - Odds & Ends'...
Share ideas, first thoughts, things to buy, things to modify, things to organize, bla, bla, bla...
I see there are many 'specialized' threads and that's great but to have a 'generalized' thread seems good too...

So post your thoughts, ideas, opinions and whatever else that pertains to the 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback...

Thanks...
Sponsored

OP
OP
chard31

chard31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
Since I only have my Hatchback a few days, I'll share a few quick observations...

I would love to create some type of 'privacy curtain' for where the iPhone/Android sits...

There will be times that I want to keep it there for whatever reason and I would prefer that nobody sees the cell sitting there in plain sight...

Thoughts?

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
Since I only have my Hatchback a few days, I'll share a few quick observations...

I would love to create some type of 'privacy curtain' for where the iPhone/Android sits...

There will be times that I want to keep it there for whatever reason and I would prefer that nobody sees the cell sitting there in plain sight...

Thoughts?
take it with you

OP
OP
chard31

chard31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
Oh, another thing, this is the first time for me using a 'smart key'...
So I noticed that I really don't need to touch the 'key' itself once I leave the house and since I plan on owning the car for many years,
I wanted to somehow think of a way to protect the 'key' from the abuse it would take being in my front pocket for years...
So, as Synchronicity would have it, I happened to find a small case that is a perfect fit for the Honda 'key'...
Now I can leave it in my pocket and not have to worry about bangs, scrapes, weather, et cetera...

I picked up 4 of them, 2 in 'hot pink' {good color to find if misplaced}, and 2 in dark brown {for those times when 'hot pink' just won't do!}

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends tri-coastal-design-pink-snakeskin-contact-case_10877300

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends Pink-Faux-Croc-Animal-Print-Hard-Contact-Lens

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone figured out how to manage the cargo contents properly? I saw some honda accessories, any thoughts on them or others?

Ceezdup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX,
Feb 17 is when I turn in my Jetta and offically need to find my hatchback. In the meantime I need to figure out who to protect the front end from debris/bugs from my daily highway commute... Not sure what my options are but was thinking I might need to go with a bra style cover.. Any suggestions?

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Oh, another thing, this is the first time for me using a 'smart key'...
So I noticed that I really don't need to touch the 'key' itself once I leave the house and since I plan on owning the car for many years,
I wanted to somehow think of a way to protect the 'key' from the abuse it would take being in my front pocket for years...
So, as Synchronicity would have it, I happened to find a small case that is a perfect fit for the Honda 'key'...
Now I can leave it in my pocket and not have to worry about bangs, scrapes, weather, et cetera...

I picked up 4 of them, 2 in 'hot pink' {good color to find if misplaced}, and 2 in dark brown {for those times when 'hot pink' just won't do!}

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends tri-coastal-design-pink-snakeskin-contact-case_10877300

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends Pink-Faux-Croc-Animal-Print-Hard-Contact-Lens
I wouldnt be worried about the fob... The nost likely cause of damge is going to happen when you change the battery on it.. The part holding the springsteel breaks off easily.. Most honda dealers offer a silicone cover for the key... Thats the most i would get.. Im sure they exist on ebay/amazon for a couple of $

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most of the stuff you look at on the site is for sedans and coupes. I tried to get a sub forum for hatchbacks but nothing yet. The si and type r has them and there not even out yet. Ebay and other sites if 2017 is listed just say sedans so it's hard to figure out if the part fits a hatch. I ordered the red A/c knobs and they look good from eBay. Ordered some carbon fiber wrap for some interior parts but live in upstate ny and will need to wait till spring. Car is in cover in my pole barn. Plan on ordering a Mishimoto CAI and installing next month. Love the drive as stated before owned a Honda since 1987 and every year since and this Honda beats all in every way.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3699

Feb 17 is when I turn in my Jetta and offically need to find my hatchback. In the meantime I need to figure out who to protect the front end from debris/bugs from my daily highway commute... Not sure what my options are but was thinking I might need to go with a bra style cover.. Any suggestions?
The dealership will off you the clear 3m plastic film that is hardly visible that will provide some protection. I have never had one before, but I know it wouldn't stop a decent size rock from chipping something. That being said, I assume it does a pretty good job. Seeing them on cars, you can barely see it too.

If you are doing a long road trip, buying a car bra might be the way to go. Others will have to chime in though.

OP
OP
chard31

chard31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
Has anyone tinted any windows yet?
I'm leaning toward a darker tinting for the hatch window and the two rear door windows...
Maybe lightly tinting the front two door windows...