2017 Hatchback Sport Touring - Quirks and Questions

Grimtast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Hello. I am 1 month into leasing a new 2017 Hatchback Sport Touring. I am absolutely in love with the car, but have noticed a couple quirks about some things that I was hoping to have answered here. I searched all through the internet and CivicX before posting, so hopefully you guys can help me out! Thanks in advance.

1. My Google Play songs on my Verizon Galaxy Note 5 (via bluetooth) lag when skipping songs. I have to wait for each song to get about 7 seconds in before I can change songs again (via either steering wheel or the Track button on the Display Audio). It's like the car needs to catch up to the fact that the phone changed songs before it registers my request to skip again. Any ideas how to reduce this irritating lag? It takes way too long just to skip even 5 songs. This wouldn't be so bad, were it not for my second problem...

2. I can't see my list of bluetooth songs in the dashboard nor the Display Audio. The manual states that when the dash is on the music menu, you can hit Enter on the steering wheel and see the list of songs you're in. I know this works, because it displays flawlessly with Sirius. But with bluetooth, I get a "01 No Title" in my dash when I hit Enter while my music is playing [Pic 1], and a simply blank screen when I go to expand the song list on the Display Audio [Pic 2]. How can I make my current bluetooth playlist show up?

Pic 1:
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback Sport Touring - Quirks and Questions {filename}

Pic 2:
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback Sport Touring - Quirks and Questions {filename}

3. I have no idea how to fine-tune the audio settings for what I listen to. Unfortunately, I can't be too specific with my settings, due to the fact that I listen to multiple genres. Still, was wondering if there is a nice sweet spot for the Middle and Treble sliders for this sweet Sport Touring audio system. Or, perhaps right smack dab in the middle really is the best? [Pic 3]

Pic 3:

4. Lastly, my front tweeters sound a bit scratchy, especially when instrumentals are playing pretty loud. Is this due to the system not being fully burned-in because the car is so new, or is it an unfortunate side effect of this not being the type of high-quality audio system you'd find in luxury cars? I think the scratchiness has gone down over time, but I could just be getting used to it.

Thank you so much for your help! I love this car. Sure beats the 1998 CR-V I left behind!
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hello. I am 1 month into leasing a new 2017 Hatchback Sport Touring. I am absolutely in love with the car, but have noticed a couple quirks about some things that I was hoping to have answered here. I searched all through the internet and CivicX before posting, so hopefully you guys can help me out! Thanks in advance.

1. My Google Play songs on my Verizon Galaxy Note 5 (via bluetooth) lag when skipping songs. I have to wait for each song to get about 7 seconds in before I can change songs again (via either steering wheel or the Track button on the Display Audio). It's like the car needs to catch up to the fact that the phone changed songs before it registers my request to skip again. Any ideas how to reduce this irritating lag? It takes way too long just to skip even 5 songs. This wouldn't be so bad, were it not for my second problem...

2. I can't see my list of bluetooth songs in the dashboard nor the Display Audio. The manual states that when the dash is on the music menu, you can hit Enter on the steering wheel and see the list of songs you're in. I know this works, because it displays flawlessly with Sirius. But with bluetooth, I get a "01 No Title" in my dash when I hit Enter while my music is playing [Pic 1], and a simply blank screen when I go to expand the song list on the Display Audio [Pic 2]. How can I make my current bluetooth playlist show up?

Pic 1:

Pic 2:

3. I have no idea how to fine-tune the audio settings for what I listen to. Unfortunately, I can't be too specific with my settings, due to the fact that I listen to multiple genres. Still, was wondering if there is a nice sweet spot for the Middle and Treble sliders for this sweet Sport Touring audio system. Or, perhaps right smack dab in the middle really is the best? [Pic 3]

Pic 3:

4. Lastly, my front tweeters sound a bit scratchy, especially when instrumentals are playing pretty loud. Is this due to the system not being fully burned-in because the car is so new, or is it an unfortunate side effect of this not being the type of high-quality audio system you'd find in luxury cars? I think the scratchiness has gone down over time, but I could just be getting used to it.

Thank you so much for your help! I love this car. Sure beats the 1998 CR-V I left behind!
Have you tried the bluetooth playlist while the car is parked? Some features don't work when you are in motion.

As far as the speakers and sound settings go, the car has a lot of treble and a lot of low bass, but not much midrange. So, turn the treble down, bass up, and subwoofer way down. Hopefully that will ease up on the tweeters so they don't sound scratchy.

OP
OP
Grimtast

Grimtast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Have you tried the bluetooth playlist while the car is parked? Some features don't work when you are in motion.

As far as the speakers and sound settings go, the car has a lot of treble and a lot of low bass, but not much midrange. So, turn the treble down, bass up, and subwoofer way down. Hopefully that will ease up on the tweeters so they don't sound scratchy.
Yeah, the playlist feature is supposed to work no matter what you do, same as how it works for Sirius. For whatever reason, my song list won't transfer via Bluetooth. I'm thinking it may have to do with my phone model. I will try it with my GF's phone.

Thanks for the tip with the audio levels. I will try that!
Sponsored