2017 Hatchback Roof Rack

JermLloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This press release states that there is an available roof rack, but I don't see it listed in the accessories. Does anyone have any information about this? It appears that I will be buying a new one, because Yakima seems to have moved on from q-towers and they likely won't be fitted to this model.
http://news.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=9242-en
Sponsored

baleskyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
This press release states that there is an available roof rack, but I don't see it listed in the accessories. Does anyone have any information about this? It appears that I will be buying a new one, because Yakima seems to have moved on from q-towers and they likely won't be fitted to this model.
http://news.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=9242-en
Don't know anything about an OEM roof rack, but I know a shop around here said they could fit a Thule one on my hatchback. I am tempted because I would use it for a lot of different stuff (surfboard, kayak, bicycle), but I once put a roof rack on my old Audi and I regretted it because of the noise and looks.

OP
OP
JermLloyd

JermLloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't know anything about an OEM roof rack, but I know a shop around here said they could fit a Thule one on my hatchback. I am tempted because I would use it for a lot of different stuff (surfboard, kayak, bicycle), but I once put a roof rack on my old Audi and I regretted it because of the noise and looks.
My Yakima q-towers came on and off of my 2008 Civic with very little effort. Were they suggesting that you wouldn't be able to remove it?

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
i'd like to know too. before i purchase a rack for $$$ i want to see what honda comes up with. i can use my old thule i have but it stands too tall and makes lots of noise. i saw on here somewhere a gorilla rack? look good in the pic at least.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
i'd like to know too. before i purchase a rack for $$$ i want to see what honda comes up with. i can use my old thule i have but it stands too tall and makes lots of noise. i saw on here somewhere a gorilla rack? look good in the pic at least.
I regretted getting the permanent rack installed on my old mini cooper type s.. Sooo much noise.. It was removable.. But you had to place these platic covers on the roof once you removed it.. Since then i either purchase the trailer hitch and that style of rack or i use the suction cup style.. Due to the new sedan being alot like a hatch/fast back.. I will try the suction cups in the spring and then see if i need the hitch

xcx4x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX, 1989 bmw e30 325i
Country flag
What do you guys think of the chances of a rack that will fit BOTH the 2015 honda civic and a 2017 honda civic hatchback?

OP
OP
JermLloyd

JermLloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What do you guys think of the chances of a rack that will fit BOTH the 2015 honda civic and a 2017 honda civic hatchback?
No telling, they have very different roofs. FYI I checked Yakima and Thule yesterday and neither have 2017 hatchback solutions yet.

hans2vt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic lx hatchback
Country flag
still no Thule roof rack option... :( waiting, waiting. at least the hitch rack is carrying the bikes, but need roof rack for a ski box!

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
still no Thule roof rack option... :( waiting, waiting. at least the hitch rack is carrying the bikes, but need roof rack for a ski box!
I've been waiting as well. I wonder if there is something at Honda that we can reach out to since they did include information on one in their press release.

hans2vt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic lx hatchback
Country flag
I found this on etrailer.com
https://www.etrailer.com/question-209323.html

not sure if we have a solution in hand already! I'm hesitant to do this until Thule approves it. I emailed Thule support this week again. in April they told me a kit would come out in May... but that didn't happen

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
^^ I would not go by what etrailer says. The guy responds with "I verified with Thule that their roof racks will fit the 2017 Honda Civic hatchback 4-door model but not the 2-door."

Huh?! Um, yeah ok!

We have to wait I guess. The distance the foot will have to span at the rear doors worries me. I hope they come up with one.

vonlaser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
You can order the oem roofrack from the UK!

There was a thread where derbo904 posted a website out of the UK selling some unique accessories with shipping to US.

Hiding in the mix is the oem hatchback roof rack - 08L02-TED-600A

I'm getting a price of $431.46 shipped to US.

Hopefully, we get something local soon. In the meantime, somebody order it and post it up!

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I found this on etrailer.com
https://www.etrailer.com/question-209323.html

not sure if we have a solution in hand already! I'm hesitant to do this until Thule approves it. I emailed Thule support this week again. in April they told me a kit would come out in May... but that didn't happen
You can order the oem roofrack from the UK!

There was a thread where derbo904 posted a website out of the UK selling some unique accessories with shipping to US.

Hiding in the mix is the oem hatchback roof rack - 08L02-TED-600A

I'm getting a price of $431.46 shipped to US.

Hopefully, we get something local soon. In the meantime, somebody order it and post it up!
Good leads. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: Look what I found: https://www.etrailer.com/tv-install...017-honda-civic-rrva126b-2-rrrlkva-dk453.aspx

I would say that all but confirms whatever will fit the sedan will fit the hatchback.

Last edited:

hans2vt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic lx hatchback
Country flag
fresh in from Thule support, looks like we're waiting for "KIT1852"

Response By Email (Kristin Doty) (06/06/2017 11:49 AM)
Hi Hans - Thank you for contacting Thule Customer Service. Yes, we have the two below options for the roof rack system for the 2017 Honda Civic hatchback. Please note, this fit kit won't be available until end of June/early July.

Aeroblade bars: ARB47, 480R, KIT1852
Square bars: LB50, 480, KIT1852

Best Wishes,

Kristin
Thule Customer Service Team

hans2vt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic lx hatchback
Country flag
fresh in from Thule support, looks like we're waiting for "KIT1852"

Response By Email (Kristin Doty) (06/06/2017 11:49 AM)
Hi Hans - Thank you for contacting Thule Customer Service. Yes, we have the two below options for the roof rack system for the 2017 Honda Civic hatchback. Please note, this fit kit won't be available until end of June/early July.

Aeroblade bars: ARB47, 480R, KIT1852
Square bars: LB50, 480, KIT1852

Best Wishes,

Kristin
Thule Customer Service Team
this fit kit appears to be readily available in the UK on web-sites... strange we have to wait in the US, but I guess the Civic Hatch is UK manufactured car.
Sponsored