2017+ Hatchback owners - rear defroster question

CrazyALee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX hatchback
Country flag
Hello fellow civic hatch owners, can anyone please confirm if the bottom part (below the piano-black spoiler) lines are defroster lines as well in the rear glass?

I noticed on my hatch, those dont really heat up or defrost the same as the rest of the glass above the spoiler......are they radio antennas or for some other purpose or mine may be defective?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017+ Hatchback owners - rear defroster question landscape-1470922568-2017-civic-hatchback_zpssghxmb07
Sponsored

izitnick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2017 Civic EX CVT Hatch
Country flag
Hello fellow civic hatch owners, can anyone please confirm if the bottom part (below the piano-black spoiler) lines are defroster lines as well in the rear glass?

I noticed on my hatch, those dont really heat up or defrost the same as the rest of the glass above the spoiler......are they radio antennas or for some other purpose or mine may be defective?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017+ Hatchback owners - rear defroster question landscape-1470922568-2017-civic-hatchback_zpssghxmb07
I'm curious to know this myself. I haven't had to use the defroster much but I will pay attention the next time.

Martin Riggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
You can't really see below the wiper. I'm gonna say it's for the radio. As many new hondas keep the radio antenna integrated in the rear windshield.

OP
OP
CrazyALee

CrazyALee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX hatchback
Country flag
You can't really see below the wiper. I'm gonna say it's for the radio. As many new hondas keep the radio antenna integrated in the rear windshield.
Another thing I forgot to add, the shark-fin style antenna on our roof, I thought that was for the radio as well...so I'm not sure if the bottom part of the rear glass wires are for something else

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
Easy way to check...check the continuity between the bottom lines and the top with a multimeter.

JermLloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I remember from when it snowed a few months ago that that bottom part of the window did defrost.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Another thing I forgot to add, the shark-fin style antenna on our roof, I thought that was for the radio as well...so I'm not sure if the bottom part of the rear glass wires are for something else
Shark fin is for satellites... As in gps or satellite radio... Also... Am and fm antennas are separate... So modern cars have 2 antennas for am/fm.. 3 antennas if they have siriusxm..

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
just snowed again where I'm at and yes on mine that bottom part defrosts just like the rest. I would get yours checked out.
Sponsored