2017 Hatchback front seatcover

net4n6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SC400, E350, Lifted 4runner
Country flag
Has anyone got the front seat covers for the 2017 Hatchback yet? I would like to get ones as close as to OEM (similar to rear cover from Honda). I called couple popular seat covers manufacturers but they don't have them yet.
Sponsored

OP
OP

net4n6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Has anyone got the front seat covers for the 2017 Hatchback yet? I would like to get ones as close as to OEM (similar to rear cover from Honda). I called couple popular seat covers manufacturers but they don't have them yet.
After no response here, I decided to do the "investigation" myself. Two dealer part departments and couple online vendors confirmed with me that the front seats of Coupe, Sedan, and Hatchback are the same. One of the vendor told me that if your front seat has seatbelts built-in then you need a different seat covers. I went to the dealer and visually checked all the models of Civic but didn't see one with "seats w/seatbelts built in".

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
I purchased GT Covers for mine, but quickly returned them. The quality did not match the price and the fit was in need of some tuning from their engineering department. They wanted me to wait on that, but again with the quality I passed. The CS gal was a real b to deal with.

OP
OP

net4n6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I purchased GT Covers for mine, but quickly returned them. The quality did not match the price and the fit was in need of some tuning from their engineering department. They wanted me to wait on that, but again with the quality I passed. The CS gal was a real b to deal with.
I just placed CoverKing wetsuit material for the front seats. They are custom made. I have 2017 EX Hatchback. I will update the fit after I installed the.

nyczrayy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver
Country flag
I just placed CoverKing wetsuit material for the front seats. They are custom made. I have 2017 EX Hatchback. I will update the fit after I installed the.
I would love to see it!!!!!

bmbpenguin

Brian
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2007 Odyssey, 2003 Accord EX-V6
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
Replacement factory seat fabric from Honda is actually not that outrageously priced. I'd be tempted to scotchguard what I had, and if it wore out years down the road, just replace the stock cover.

nyczrayy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Replacement factory seat fabric from Honda is actually not that outrageously priced. I'd be tempted to scotchguard what I had, and if it wore out years down the road, just replace the stock cover.
Oh I didn't know they are interchangeable... Is there a MSRP on the seat covers?

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

nyczrayy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They aren't dirt cheap, but the cover prices aren't stratospheric, either. Oddly, the light interior covers are cheaper by a fair margin vs. the black.

https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2017&catcgry3=5DR+LX&catcgry4=KACVT&catcgry5=FRONT+SEAT+(L.)
Wow that's still pretty steep, but I suppose if I don't want to get billed by the dealer after lease end at full price, perhaps I should consider it

bmbpenguin

Brian
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2007 Odyssey, 2003 Accord EX-V6
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wanted black and red seats to go with my red car, so I went with the seat covers. Plus with the discount I got, they were cheaper than two of the OEM covers.

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow that's still pretty steep, but I suppose if I don't want to get billed by the dealer after lease end at full price, perhaps I should consider it
That's actually cheap by new car OE standards, believe it or not.

Unless you're hauling car loads of feral cats on a regular basis, why buy seat covers for a lease car? Are you planning on tearing the seats to shreds in that short time? Lease returns are not held to a new car standard when they are inspected. I used to work at a dealership. You aren't going to get billed $400 because you spilled Mountain Dew on the seat. If you hack it open with a machete, sure. Turn the car in with reasonable wear and tear and reasonably clean, you are good. I'd never waste money on seat covers just for fear of lease end consequences. They aren't THAT picky. Body damage on the outside is far more likely to be picked up, or bald tires, etc.

nyczrayy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's actually cheap by new car OE standards, believe it or not.

Unless you're hauling car loads of feral cats on a regular basis, why buy seat covers for a lease car? Are you planning on tearing the seats to shreds in that short time? Lease returns are not held to a new car standard when they are inspected. I used to work at a dealership. You aren't going to get billed $400 because you spilled Mountain Dew on the seat. If you hack it open with a machete, sure. Turn the car in with reasonable wear and tear and reasonably clean, you are good. I'd never waste money on seat covers just for fear of lease end consequences. They aren't THAT picky. Body damage on the outside is far more likely to be picked up, or bald tires, etc.
Yeah I understand that, but I did also leased a 2012 civic and I got hammered for that . The lease end inspection guy pointed out to like various spots of wear and tear. It was itemizedwith other damaged areas. My total bill was almost $1000. But was forgiven considering I was 10k miles under, under the 3 year limit and knew the sales rep...

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I understand that, but I did also leased a 2012 civic and I got hammered for that . The lease end inspection guy pointed out to like various spots of wear and tear. It was itemizedwith other damaged areas. My total bill was almost $1000. But was forgiven considering I was 10k miles under, under the 3 year limit and knew the sales rep...

Interesting. I've never seen a lease return inspector be that picky.

If I had a lease car, my goal would be to spend as little money on the car as possible. Since it's going to back to Honda at the end of the lease, money spent above and beyond the payment is down the drain.

OP
OP

net4n6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just received and installed the CoverKing seat covers for the Hatchback. They fit perfect. The fit was nice and the quality/wetsuit material was great. It's way better than the stock seat fabric. Since they custom made for the Civic, CoverKing also integrated the vertical line design on the covers. In addition, they gave the seat a bit more of the cushion and the material was very soft. They worked with seat heater and airbags.
They looked like just came out of the Honda factory. You never know that they are seat covers. Sorry, I don't have pictures. My son has the car. I will take them as soon as I have access to the car. They worth every pennies. I highly recommended them.
Sponsored