2017 Hatch Sport Manual - mods needed

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi ladies and gents,

After recently getting my hatchback, I have been looking to do a number of things to it that I haven't yet seen on the interwebs, so let me list them for you here. I'd also like to take this opportunity to kindly ask for a separate hatchback forum, as I think it's different enough to the other models (built in England, turbo engine only, big reinforced hatch area, bespoke sport exhausts, etc..).

1. Roof rack - I haven't seen any offerings, from Honda or otherwise, offering a good roof rack so that when the time comes, I can strap sheet rock,2x4, luggage, etc...
  2. Front plate alternative placement - I don't want to mount a front plate, but here in Nanny New York (as in nanny state), they frown on that with 120 dollar tickets. Problem is, there is no tow hook in the front bumper, so where to put the plate???
  3. Removing rev hang without jeopardizing the warranty - you know what I mean, I know that Hondata etc... won't actually show up if you flash back to stock, but if the engine grenades for whatever reason, Honda can still say "nope, tampered ECU, no warranty for you" I'd like to know/see a solution that won't mess with the warranty if the K04 decides to blow, etc... etc...
  4. Aftermarket centermount exhausts - having a sport, I'd like to see/hear some aftermarket exhausts made for my car. I know it'll be a matter of time, but... let's go aftermarket, make some pipes!
  5. Short Shift kits - Shifter is pretty light, would like to see some short shift kits for it. Maybe the Type R stock shifter will work out here?
  6. Pedal box adjustment plates - The brake pedal is about an inch higher up than the gas pedal, that needs to be fixed in order to have proper heel toe operation.
  7. Splash guards that are plug and play for the Sport model

That's all I can think of for now, and for those that made it this far, I'll give you a picture as a treat:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatch Sport Manual - mods needed {filename}
Sponsored

Last edited:

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
Hi ladies and gents,

After recently getting my hatchback, I have been looking to do a number of things to it that I haven't yet seen on the interwebs, so let me list them for you here. I'd also like to take this opportunity to kindly ask for a separate hatchback forum, as I think it's different enough to the other models (built in England, turbo engine only, big reinforced hatch area, bespoke sport exhausts, etc..).

1. Roof rack - I haven't seen any offerings, from Honda or otherwise, offering a good roof rack so that when the time comes, I can strap sheet rock,2x4, luggage, etc...
  2. Front plate alternative placement - I don't want to mount a front plate, but here in Nanny New York (as in nanny state), they frown on that with 120 dollar tickets. Problem is, there is no tow hook in the front bumper, so where to put the plate???
  3. Removing rev hang without jeopardizing the warranty - you know what I mean, I know that Hondata etc... won't actually show up if you flash back to stock, but if the engine grenades for whatever reason, Honda can still say "nope, tampered ECU, no warranty for you" I'd like to know/see a solution that won't mess with the warranty if the K04 decides to blow, etc... etc...
  4. Aftermarket centermount exhausts - having a sport, I'd like to see/hear some aftermarket exhausts made for my car. I know it'll be a matter of time, but... let's go aftermarket, make some pipes!
  5. Short Shift kits - Shifter is pretty light, would like to see some short shift kits for it. Maybe the Type R stock shifter will work out here?
  6. Pedal box adjustment plates - The brake pedal is about an inch higher up than the gas pedal, that needs to be fixed in order to have proper heel toe operation.

That's all I can think of for now, and for those that made it this far, I'll give you a picture as a treat:

You aren't alone my friend. I'm waiting for more parts and modifications for my 6MT Sport. I did get the Injen SRI, but would rather prefer to get a downpipe and possibly the full exhaust before I make the jump for the FlashPro. I know the results are amazing but dropping $600 is rough at one time. I got 4 mouths to feed :). I'm with you on a short shifter though. In due time I'm sure, but the potential of this car has me continually itching for more.

I do have a question, do you know the size of our rear sway bar? I'd be interested in the Progress sway bar if it would make a substantial difference

OP
OP
dominican

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You aren't alone my friend. I'm waiting for more parts and modifications for my 6MT Sport. I did get the Injen SRI, but would rather prefer to get a downpipe and possibly the full exhaust before I make the jump for the FlashPro. I know the results are amazing but dropping $600 is rough at one time. I got 4 mouths to feed :). I'm with you on a short shifter though. In due time I'm sure, but the potential of this car has me continually itching for more.

I do have a question, do you know the size of our rear sway bar? I'd be interested in the Progress sway bar if it would make a substantial difference

The rear sway bars on all hatchbacks are 16.5mm, I'd have to wait until I'm at a track to see what suspension upgrades this things needs to make it better. As is, I think it's pretty great.

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was wondering if anyone put a Mishimoto Cold Air Intake in a hatchback yet? Site:https://www.mishimoto.com/2016-honda-civic-turbo-air-intake.html

Also on my mustangs you can get custom tunes from American muscle for $ 399 you just hook up to the car port and it unlocks the ecu and loads what tune you told them based on 87 octane 91 or 93 and the mods you installed and for street or sport or race they did all the testing so you don't. So far it doesn't sound like nobody provides that service for hondas.

OP
OP
dominican

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was wondering if anyone put a Mishimoto Cold Air Intake in a hatchback yet? Site:https://www.mishimoto.com/2016-honda-civic-turbo-air-intake.html

Also on my mustangs you can get custom tunes from American muscle for $ 399 you just hook up to the car port and it unlocks the ecu and loads what tune you told them based on 87 octane 91 or 93 and the mods you installed and for street or sport or race they did all the testing so you don't. So far it doesn't sound like nobody provides that service for hondas.
I'm certain there will be a lot of tunes out for this car in the next 2-3 years, as Honda is using this 1.5t in a lot of cars, so it's creating a huge market for tuning.

chokesmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Manual 2016
Country flag
Hi ladies and gents,

TWM Performance is developing a short shifter at the moment. They are about an hour and half from where I live and I emailed them to lend my car for tests. I'll post a thread if I'm selected and if I'm allowed to share information.

OP
OP
dominican

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TWM Performance is developing a short shifter at the moment. They are about an hour and half from where I live and I emailed them to lend my car for tests. I'll post a thread if I'm selected and if I'm allowed to share information.

That would be awesome!

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
i have a old thule that i mounted to my x-sedan, but it whistled. using various fit kits it fit real tight and good. i think it would fit the hatch roof. we need the real deal though.

OP
OP
dominican

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I added another one - plug and play splash guards that work on the Sport Hatch.

drewsryd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone with a 2017 hatch sport measure the front and back Honda emblems... Would be a huge help (still waiting for my sport touring to arrive)....thanks in advance

OP
OP
dominican

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
de plate re plate
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatch Sport Manual - mods needed SAM_0762_zpsljumq5m5

a possibility?

fotoshop or duc tape?

I like that, but my fog light would be blocked unfortunately. I think I'll try to put it somewhere on that side though, I refuse to put holes in my bumper.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
at least they gave you an option to have it on or off and delivery. The dealer that I got mines from didn't, and drilled two fricking holes in my bumper for that damn plate.

OP
OP
dominican

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
at least they gave you an option to have it on or off and delivery. The dealer that I got mines from didn't, and drilled two fricking holes in my bumper for that damn plate.
Oh, I had to be very specific from the start that I did not want those holes drilled, reminding them constantly.