2017 CTR sound system

daymiel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic si stock
Country flag
For those who owns one atm, how does the sound system sound? Is it good? How is the sub woofer? Is it worth the extra weight to the car? Will anyone be installing aftermarket ones or maybe remove them for weight reduction? Thanks in advance. :)
Sponsored

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those who owns one atm, how does the sound system sound? Is it good? How is the sub woofer? Is it worth the extra weight to the car? Will anyone be installing aftermarket ones or maybe remove them for weight reduction? Thanks in advance. :)
It's the same in the sport touring hatchback. It sounds good. Wish the subwoofer had more power.

FF MAYHEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Sound quality is much better than my 2015 Si

OP
OP

daymiel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic si stock
Country flag
It's the same in the sport touring hatchback. It sounds good. Wish the subwoofer had more power.
I kinda new that the subwoofer would be weak like my 2013 si. Anyone modded theirs already or at least planning to? Let us know what do you plan to install in.

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
I'm actually very pleased with the audio system in my R. I think its a good balance between bass and clarity. It really compliments the exhilarating driving experience on the back roads! ;)

TypeRMom

First Name
Ciaran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2013 Mazdaspeed 3, 2011 Mazda3, 1979 Datsun 280zx, 2004 honda civic, 1990 ford f150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm actually very pleased with the audio system in my R. I think its a good balance between bass and clarity. It really compliments the exhilarating driving experience on the back roads! ;)
What bass?
I kinda new that the subwoofer would be weak like my 2013 si. Anyone modded theirs already or at least planning to? Let us know what do you plan to install in.
I am working on my sub install today. I'll let you know when I figure it out lol!

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag
Are the speakers just generic factory speakers? Anyone look at them yet?

OP
OP

daymiel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic si stock
Country flag
What bass?

I am working on my sub install today. I'll let you know when I figure it out lol!
Oh thats great let me know how did it go.Im thinking to replace the sub if im not satisfied with it.

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
What bass?

By turning up the bass and subwoofer settings I actually enjoy the sound system :)

But then again I daily a 1995 Civic coupe with 4 JL 6.5in speakers so I'm not hard to please! Lol

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
It's pretty good! No complaints so far. The woofer is just right for my liking, as I'm not a huge fan of super loud booming bass. With the windows down going 75 mph on the highway and volume set at 17-18, it was still very clear and enjoyable to listen to.

Lord Vade_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R 1996 Civic Hatch
Oh thats great let me know how did it go.Im thinking to replace the sub if im not satisfied with it.
Actually mine seems to have something wrong with it as there is hardly any bass and it seems that there is hardly any power going to the rear speakers when I fade to the back. Could this be a software issue or just weak speakers?

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EF9 DC2 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The speakers do the job, but they definitely are not as crisp as some mid to high end components.

Replaced the sub with a Jl 8" and it sounds so much better. Will replace the mids in due time, but the system will do fine for a bit.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 CTR sound system IMG_6468.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 CTR sound system IMG_6467.JPG

RosevilleSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
The speakers do the job, but they definitely are not as crisp as some mid to high end components.

Replaced the sub with a Jl 8" and it sounds so much better. Will replace the mids in due time, but the system will do fine for a bit.

IMG_6468.JPG

IMG_6467.JPG
In place swap, no fab work?
Sponsored