2017 Civic Type R puts down 295WHP bone stock on the dyno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
Are the above charts at the wheels or at the fly? It's a bit early for any mention of the Euro car's being dyno'd of yet but I'm wondering if there is likely to be much of a difference between the two versions, or if Honda just stated on paper that one had less power than the other but in fact they both run very similar maps
Sponsored

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are the above charts at the wheels or at the fly? It's a bit early for any mention of the Euro car's being dyno'd of yet but I'm wondering if there is likely to be much of a difference between the two versions, or if Honda just stated on paper that one had less power than the other but in fact they both run very similar maps
The dyno charts above are at the wheels. Take either horsepower and torque numbers and multiply by 1.14 and you will get the crank horsepower and torque numbers. The dyno shows that Honda tuned the CTR to have more boost come in quicker in lower rpm's to get the torque curve so fat. Remember, the last two dyno sheets are in 5th gear. It measured more torque than fourth gear pulls because Honda has even more boost in 5th gear at 2500-3500 RPM's. If you were to overlay the torque curves for each pull, it would be much more noticeable.

I would bet that the software for both European and the US although different, performance and power is pretty close. BTW, we have 93 octane in Ohio.

For example, the First Dyno Pull:

SAE
291.20 HP x 1.14 = 332 HP @ 6,240 RPM
298.82 TQ x 1.14 = 341 TQ @ 4,180 RPM

STD
297.67 HP x 1.14 = 339 HP @ 6,240 RPM
305.46 TQ x 1.14 = 348 TQ @ 4,180 RPM

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Run1SAE.JPEG
Run1STD.JPEG
Run2SAE.JPEG
Run2STD.JPEG
Run3SAE.JPEG
Run3STD.JPEG
Run4SAE.JPEG
Run4STD.JPEG
There are a total of four dyno pulls (2 sheets per pull). Each pull has two different correction factors: SAE then STD. You can compare the correction factor differences for each pull and how the HP/Torque changes. I wanted real world driving numbers, so very little cool down time for each pull. The CTR was driven there about 20 miles, strapped down, then pulls were done. The fourth pull was used in 5th gear.

As VitViper stated, there are lots of variables when looking at dyno sheets. Temps were in the mid 70's, relatively low humidity for Ohio in June that morning. 76 miles on the odometer.

When looking at dyno sheets look at the upper right corner to see what correction factor is being used ex: CF: STD or SAE. As you can tell, the numbers changed based on the factor used. If you watch the videos of previous CTRs dynoed, you cannot see what correction factor was being used to see if it was apples to apples.

Trying to post the vids, but getting this error: The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

1st Dyno Pull.MOV

What can I do to upload them?
You work at the Toy Barn? That is where I bought my GT3. If you do work there, ask the about a VERY loud GT3 they sold back in March '13.

Anthony FK8

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 hatch, 12 civic base, 14 Si, 17 CTR
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Type R puts down 295WHP bone stock on the dyno image1-1.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Type R puts down 295WHP bone stock on the dyno image2-1.JPG
east coast Pennsylvania very ideal conditions! I believe they rated the drivetrain loss near 9% which is impressive but doing around 300whp and 290wtq seems to be consistent

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
pretty impressive. Wonder how much more the turbo has, apparently its a small td04.

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice Anthony! Just the two pulls?

The CTR's are consistently around 300whp and torque from the dyno sheets of our members.

Last edited:

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
image1-1.JPG image2-1.JPG
east coast Pennsylvania very ideal conditions! I believe they rated the drivetrain loss near 9% which is impressive but doing around 300whp and 290wtq seems to be consistent
What kind of boost were you seeing on those two runs? 0.31 bar can't be right.

Also those are some nice numbers!

Anthony FK8

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 hatch, 12 civic base, 14 Si, 17 CTR
Country flag
What kind of boost were you seeing on those two runs? 0.31 bar can't be right.

Also those are some nice numbers!
This dyno was not on my personal vehicle it's a test vehicle, but I've managed to hit the 1.6 bar honda has rated it at, it's tough with boost it's not 100% consistent 23.2psi I've found around 65° with the engine warmed up that the TD04 holds a solid 20psi from 2,300-7,000 rpm. I've seen it peak at 23 near 3500-4500 but the condition matters! Those polls are from Graham Rahal Performance's Civic Type R. They are doing development on theirs. But I can say Yes the Type R is very under rated!
Sponsored